Grrrrrrr.......F'ing Pist!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SonicBoom, Oct 30, 2005.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

So there I was, pulling into work(running late, as usual)....I park, start getting my stuff ready to get out. I notice a grey Minivan go past my spot behind me, didn't think anything of it... Turn off the ignition and Fucking WHAM!!!! Said minivan has slammed into me, starting on the side of my left rear bumper, scraping all the way until right before the rear door.
    Still not sure how he could have possibly done it. The spots are huge, i'm in the middle of mine and all the way in. I guess he was trying to get into the spot next to me...but c'mon, that's a full car length to the right of where he was supposed to be.
    So needless to say, I'm shouting obsenities that would make a sailor blush.... The dude doesn't want to get out of his car. I calm down a little and he gets out, claiming "I didn't see you, I didn't see you!!". I'm like "How, My car is BRIGHT FUCKING YELLOW!!!". I could see that this was getting nowhere so I go into work and proceeded to call the cops.
    So...Police report is filed, dude claims he'll fix it...but still this is going to be a huge hassle and who knows if they can make it perfect again with the rare color. I'm kinda anal about my car(its the nicest thing I own)...keep it clean, waxed, talk nice to it.... now this...
    As if the huge chunk of metal that flew off the highway 6 months ago that dented my hood wasn't enough...

Not a happy camper right now..... o.k... I'm done... :wtc:

2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

damn that sucks man.

I'm sure everybody will post up their good experiences at Gwinnett County Collisions, since I've heard nothing but great things, but never needed any work done.

Maybe you'll luck out and get some extra money back after this to fund some better stuff (side skirts, front lip, whatever). Look at Javid's car after he wrecked.

3. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

sorry to hear man...hopefully you will come out with a little extra cash in the deal.

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

Sorry man! Between drunk drivers, cell phones and general idiots no ones car is safe.

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

sorry to hear that dude... ive had my fare share of close calls with idiots driving around here... thankfully ive never been hit so far... hope everything gets fixed alright

6. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

that sucks man, hope everything works out

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

You may be able to get a touch up paint sample from a dealership. Also, a good bodyshop should be able to find the correct weight of your paint. The biggest issue is matching for the deterioration of the paint from light and such. Hopefully Ephremm will see this thread, he works for a bodyshop and should be able to hook you up.

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

by the way, ephremn's SN is 7wolf

9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Thanks guys, I'll try to contact 7wolf, I'm going to get some estimate's from shops around my house first. I do have a small bottle of Sonic that I got from the dealership so hopefully that'll help. Washed her last night, hoping I could clean it up a little... all that did was make it stand out more....:(

10. 7wolf

7wolf Member

dude sonic, that sucks big time. give me a call @ 770/451-2757 curry honda, don't let the name fool you, we work on everything. i'll write you a killer estimate and we work with all ins.companies. hopefully it's not as bad as you think. but we can make it look like new, no worries bro.

11. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

i feel exactly the same way

12. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Update... Just got my car back yesterday from Tom Jumper.... It looks great! Can't even tell it was in a wreck. Only took 3 days and everything was covered.... The only thing I noticed is they had to paint the rear door to blend w/the quarter and didn't paint the doorhandle, so it's lighter than the door. Not sure if it bothers me enough to take it back(not too noticable, I noticed cuz it's my baby). Other than that I'm happy, they washed and detailed the inside too!

13. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Sonic. are you ever driving around the post road area near the polo fields?
    I see a yellow wrx all the time over there.

14. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Lost, don't think its me, I don't even know where post road is... I live on Northridge/Roswell and work on 400/Mcfarland.. so if post road is near there???

15. married05gt

married05gt starting over

hey guys just FYI 7wolf is the new detail guy at SOG.