Gun Range Meet @ Eds on Canton Rd

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by flip, Apr 25, 2006.

1. flip

flip Member

Screw IA :). This saturday is the WRXAtlanta range meet. The date is this saturday at or around 3:00pm. If you wana go follow the link to the poll or just let me know here... Eds has a good number of lanes so i think we could have a good number of people. We can also put 2 or 3 per lane so... Let me know what you think.

As people have mentioned, don't buy your ammo from Ed's. Go to walmart down the street and get it. It's like 1/2 the cost...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  2. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I would prefer a WRXatlanta only meet. Could be just me though. I'd love to go to a range. I havn't shot anything in a long while (since i was like 14 or 15.) and it was up in the mountains in hall county. Never been to a range.

3. flip

flip Member

Thats cool with me. Who is down for us having our meet this saturday at 3:00pm? If everyone is cool with that I'll just tell everyone on IA that the IA meet is next weekend... :) Please, if you are interested, speak up because i want to try to see how many people will be going and then try to reserve the appropriate number of lanes for us so we have plenty of room...

FYI I'll be shooting a 9mm. Don't have anything really cool yet...

4. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

What do they have to rent at the range? I don't think I could make it this saturday.

5. flip

flip Member

Well at Ed's right by my house they have a few 9mm's and a couple others not sure exactly what but I know they rent the one i own (Springfield XD 9mm).

6. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

word to the wise, shoot at ed's BUT DO NOT BUY ANYTHING! seriously
    they overcharge the shit out of stuff, I've sold a gun to them for more then I paid NEW, my father loves to sell them guns, but has never bought anything there.
    if you want great prices I'll show you where to go, no range, but just good people, prices, and selection

7. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Eric is right bring your own ammo, eds is really expensive.

I'm in and I would prefer a WRXAtlanta only meet. I really dont like being around that many people I dont know with guns.

8. flip

flip Member

Good point. Eds is really expensive on ammo and stuff. I did end up buying my gun there but i shopped around and found that their price on my gun wasn't but $3 or so more expensive than all the other places around...

For future reference, where should I buy my guns as someone previously mentioned that they would tell me where to go?

9. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

If they have an MP5 I can rent then I am down. If not, I will pass until we plan a meet at that other place we were talking about before.

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i'd be down for this... i'll be the only brown man out there :keke:

11. slowwrx

I bought most of my stuff from Hot Shots, but its usally because they are the only ones who have it in stock. Adventure out doors has a pretty big selection. Gun shows are always an option as well.

Matt

12. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

if they have a meet at randy's sometime (bullseye) there's quite an ethnic mix ;) which is odd, cause it's lawrenceville. but it's cool to see the mix. he's got pretty decent prices on pieces as well.

careful on buying reloads there though, my 9mm has choked several times on their ammo (and it's a glock for christsakes, they'll shoot any ammo)

13. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

if i had a pistol yet i would totally do it....only gun i have worth shooting other than some rifles is a chinese SKS assault rifle.

14. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

I'll Be Their! Does Walmart by Ed's sell .45 calber for my glock 30? If so i need some boxes to stock up!:naughty:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  15. slowwrx

Watch the Walmart white box ammo, remmington I think, it sucks for the 45.

16. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

adventure outdoors is THE place to get guns :)

17. flip

flip Member

So who all is going? Lets try to start a list.

Yeah i actually called adventure outdoors and they didn't have the one i was looking for and their price for ordering it was more than eds... If i had known about hot shots before i bought my gun i would have checked there too. I haven't compared yet.

I told everyone on IA that another day may be better but two people might still be going so thats not bad...

18. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I know the one and only time my glock ever did that. I satrted buying regular cause i didnt want my baby chockin again.

I was thinkin about going to the car show so it all depends. hmm a brown dude and a short black guy with a guns in canton sounds...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  19. flip

flip Member

LOL

20. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

is this hand gun only range?

21. flip

flip Member

I'm pretty sure they allow rifles as well. Not 100% positive tho. I can go and find out today...

22. They have a few rifle lanes. No shotguns though. They wont allow shotguns on their rifle lanes.

EDIT: unless you rent out the whole range for a private party.

I need some range time... I'll see whats going on with the family that day and I might be able to squeeze a few rounds off.

23. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

ill be their like i said but i need directions

24. flip

flip Member

If you know where barrett turns into piedmont just take piedmont down to canton road (like 1/2 mile or something) then make a right on canton and your next right into that shopping center and it's in there.

To get to barrett just take 75 north to barrett and make a right. Go until it turns into piedmont and follow directions above.

25. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i usually go to bullseye over here in lawrenceville.

26. flip

flip Member

We'll have our next meet out there so you guys near there don't have to drive that far next time. Bullseye is pretty small tho. Eds has a lot of lanes... We'll figure it out tho.

27. flip

flip Member

Well It looks like no one showed up from WRXAtlanta LOL. Atleast a couple people from IA showed up so I wasn't alone... Maybe next time..

28. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

that really sucks... this weekend was extremely eventful for me and ended up ofsetting me from my planned work schedule... so i didnt make it to anything (gun range, AJC show, Autocross)...

29. slowwrx

Sorry I thought we were going to do this seperate from IA.

30. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I gotta get the sil more road worthy sorry I won't be able to make it out

31. flip

flip Member

It's all good. I was worried for a sec since i kinda told the IA folks we should do it another day and left it at that but a few still showed up luckily :). In a few weekends I'll start another thread to plan the next meet and make it strictly WRXATL folks.