Gun Safe setups?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SonicBoom, Jul 19, 2013.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

ok.. since I'll be getting an AR tomorrow... I'm looking at getting a safe for my room. I've been looking around some, it seems like there is either pistol size, or OMG huge. All I need is room for my AR, Shotgun (foldover stock) and my Taurus 9mm. I'd want to bolt it to the wall. Prefer something easily accessable like a finger print scan, but don't want to spend big cash. Looks like most of the ones in my price point are key locks :(

Several gun owners on here... would like to hear about your setups, brands and prices paid...

2. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

I have one from Dick's sporting goods bought it for like $100 when they had a really good sale....sits my rifles, handguns and ammo perfectly...i would check to see if they have any on sale now

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  4. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Do you want it to be fireproof? A safe a little bigger then you need is always a good thing. If you ever expand your collection you will have the room. As far as price, remember what you keeping in there. A good safe is a worthy investment. And digital locks are sweet, but it's nice to have a manual lock or at least a back up lock just in case.

Check out tractor supply and academy sports. They both run good deals from time to time.

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Guess I never thought about fireproof... I would guess that wouldn't matter much. Will probably be $1800 worth of guns in there, I don't want to spend $500 to keep them safe. This is more so I can feel comfortable keeping them loaded and ready to defend... Without just keeping them in a drawer or something. Also being able to keep them locked up when I'm not there... Although, a determined thief could just pry the safe off the wall and take it, but at least this would make it more difficult.

6. FACE

FACE Active Member

Always get bigger than you need because you will fill it up…

I would suggest going to tractor supply company because they seem to have much better prices than most places in a pretty good selection

7. FACE

FACE Active Member

And it's not necessarily about keeping your guns safe it's about keeping you safe if someone breaks in your house.

8. b reel

b reel Active Member

make sure the fire safe is UL rated otherwise waste of money.

gun safe in old house consisted of a breaker panel with door and a in-wall medicine cabinet with the door pulled off. Who the fuck is going to check the breaker panel?

9. FACE

FACE Active Member

^^^ someone just might now

10. b reel

b reel Active Member

that's OK, have to get past the exploding light bulbs first

11. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

What about an old non-working fridge?
    *edit* sorry, didn't see that this was for your bedroom. A fridge/safe would most likely only work in a basement scenario.

12. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

13. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ Yeah, I'm going to check the other companies people suggested. I really would like something a bit smaller. I have the trifecta... I don't plan on getting more guns. If anything, I would upgrade the AR to something in .308 someday, but that wouldn't need more room. Anyone now of anything smaller?