Guy gives girl a phone number...weird?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deke, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

Alright, so I'm just going to lay out this scenario for everyone, and I'm just curious what your opinions are.

Last night I went out with a group of friends. I talked to this girl at the bar for 5 minutes or so (nice little conversation). I was feeling good, and decided on the way out that I was going to slip her my phone number. I went up to her and her friends, told her to have a wonderful night and then gave her the number.

Is this weird at all? Haha, I don't really care at all if it is. I did it at the time because I was brimming with liquid confidence, and the girl was a UGA student who I more than likely would never see again anyways.

The girls and guys I went out with were kind of torn on the situation. Some thought it was pretty gay, some thought it was funny, and a couple of the girls thought it was actually pretty smooth.

So what do my suby friends think? Once again, I could careless (I honestly don't ever expect to hear from her). I just thought this might be a good conversation piece. :)

2. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

I definitely think giving her your number instead of trying to get hers was a good move. You obviously saw something that you really liked in her in those five minutes. Also you apparently didn't really say anything that could be construed as 'creepy.' You just wished her a wonderful night and gave her the option to get to know you better.

As long as her boobs were left out of the conversation you're probably fine.

Hell, this is how I met my girlfriend of about a year and a half. I gave her my number and offered to take her out for coffee.

Good luck dude. I hope she calls.

3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

smooth move dude, thats actually one of the moves I read in Maxim awhile back

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha, yeah boobs were left out of the conversation. The only thing bad (which isn't obvious to her) is that I definitely don't remember her name :slap:. Haha, I'm horrible at meeting new people and immediately forgetting their name. But I also figure that if she were to call, she'd start by saying, "hey this is so and so from the bar last night."

And if not, I could always have a fun Seinfeld-esque experience.

5. schneid

schneid Member

nothing weird about giving a girl your number...they actually prefer that to giving you their number most of the time

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Way to be assertive, maybe it'll work out for him Cotton.

[​IMG]

7. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha, yeah, I think one of my friends from back home that was hanging out last night rubbed off on me a little bit. He's been in a relationship for the last few years (and don't get me wrong, he's happy), but he was just saying how he envies my potential life style. I mean, I'm a 22 year old guy with a pretty fantastic bachpad in the middle of the city. I have at least 3 decent bars in walking distance from me (and the cheetah :hsugh:), and while I'm by no means deprived of the ladies, I could be doing a lot better for myself. And why not go out on a limb...honestly.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  8. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Its perfectly acceptable to give her your number.

9. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

and not mention the car.. = ) I think it was good that you gave the girl your number and if she calls she calls..and if not...then you can go spend butt loads of money at the cheetah for horrible, no energy, unsatisfying entertainment =)...

10. onemoresti

onemoresti Member

Mulva? lol

11. Used to do it a lot.Now my wife gets pissed.

12. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

13. dontcallitarex

:rofl::rofl:

14. Alex

I do not think living on GT campus qualifies as a fantasic bachpad in the middle of the city ;)

15. Deke

Deke Active Member

Oh I'm off campus. Post Biltmore :)

16. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

it will be a nice move if she actually gives you a call and you hook up with her again.

till then ... you didnt really do anything.

who "reads" maxim anyways??? LOL i just watch the pics.

17. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

from what ive seen/heard, girls are less likely to call a guy they dont know then the other way around...

18. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

if you make a good strong impression on a woman they will call you.

or if you drive a car thats worth more than all their family assets.
    money talks. err calls

19. Alex

[​IMG]

20. dontcallitarex

lmfao

21. Deke

Deke Active Member

22. Alex

nobody makes me bleed my own blood...nobody!

[​IMG]

23. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

should have slipped her a trojan. lol

24. heathbar

heathbar Member

+1 I love midtown.

<-- (The Plaza)

25. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member