Gwinnett....where do you live?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BelvnAWD, Sep 20, 2005.

1. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Thew wife and I are trying to decide if we want to move in the next year or so. Our house is being surrounded by McMansions and it is steadily raising our property value. We would like to get somewhere closer to where the wife works (Decatur) without getting me to far from where I work (Lawrenceville). So we will be looking in the Snellville, South Lawrenceville, Lilburn, South Duluth, ????, areas. Any suggestions from people that live in any of these areas?

2. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i live in Dacula/Lawrenceville and this area is getting rediculously busy. I am moving to monroe to get away. I would suggest Grayson area personally. Lots of very nice neighborhoods/houses and a nice town convenient to lawreceville, snellville and a few other areas.

3. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i live in a little section of Stone Mountain, it's unincorporated. the guy at the end/beginning of the street is actually Decatur, so he pays city and county taxes. sucks for him. it's closer to clarkston and decatur than anything else. 285 and 78 are just a jump away, so it's really convenient. i work in duluth, it takes me about 35 minuets to get from my house to PIB and Pleasant Hill. PM if you would like an address to look up. good luck with the search.

4. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Parts of Snellville are nice... so is Grayson, but might be a hike to get to Decatur from there.

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea i live in Snellville..it gets a little busy on the weekends but where in atlanta is not busy??..its nice here..great school district!! it takes about 20-25 minutes to get to 120 and sugarloaf..

6. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I forgot Kris lives here, might want to reconsider Snellville as an option now...

7. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I currently live in Grayson. When we first moved out here, traffic was cake! Now, however, its taking my wife longer and longer to get down 78, both coming and going. We would like to try to get somewhere closer in to Decatur without crossing over to Dekalb Co....

8. Traffic blows in Grayson, especially if you have to go down GA20 during rush hour.... other than that it's pretty nice. It is growing up very fast, however. My parents still live in Snellville, and I moved out to Lawrenceville after school. Dacula is growing as well, but is still kinda quiet. Not too far from L'ville and Duluth, but driving on 316 during rush hour is so miserable.... I patrol the south end of the county (everything south of US29 and GA20), and going anywhere in the afternoon requires planning a little extra time. Gwinnett's always been a fast-growing county overall, most folks credit our school system and parks.

I just kinda vomited information.... Wasn't very helpful huh? :)

9. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

:rofl: