Had to Post

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FTZ, Jan 20, 2006.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

This is my best friend from back in PA. He was in the Newspaper the other day again and thought I would post the article. Maybe sometime soon we will be seeing articles like this for Tom.

Sgt. Ryan Akins, son of Kathleen Flyzik of Marysville and Patrick Akins of Harrisburg, was recently awarded the U.S. Army Good Conduct Medal and the Combat Action Badge for duties performed during his deployment to Iraq. He also received the Humanitarian Service Medal for his service in Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina. The ceremony was held at Fort Bragg, N.C., where Akins is serving with the 82nd Airborne Division. He is scheduled for a second deployment to Iraq this year. Akins graduated from Dauphin County Vocational Technical School in 2000.

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Congrats to him and I hope his second deployment goes as well as his first.

3. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

That's awesome. Tell him congrats and thanks for serving our country proudly!

4. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

That's awesome Jason... Tell your friend congrats for me....I really miss the AF and I want to go back in to get my 20 years, only 6 years and 10 months to go...Have a good one...

Mark