Hail damage

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by moose, Feb 22, 2005.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

So we got hit with massive hail out of nowhere yesterday, and of course my car was sitting outside. Now I have 15-20 little dents in the hood. Is it worth taking to a paintless dent repair place, or should I just pay my deductible and have the hood replaced?

2. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

depends how bad it is. If the cost for popping the hood is more than your deductible and whatever ur insurance will go up, then go ahead and just get the new one.

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

From what I've seen, it might come in lower than the deductible... anybody have any east side/north side dent repair shops they'd recommend?

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

as long as the paint is fine, i'd recommend dent wizard... i went to the one on cobb parkway and they did an awesome job

5. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Any idea what it'll cost? My deductible is only $250 so if it's near that I might just get them to cut me a check... maybe get a CF hood and paint it? Seems like it'd come out about the same as a new OEM hood + paint.

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

depends on the damage... dent wizard is a little expensive but they do an awesome job... it wouldn't hurt to get an estimate... the one i went to was:

910 COBB PARKWAY SE
    phone: 770-419-2075

can u get a good CF hood for 250?

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I have some experience in this area... my hood is damaged as well. Mine was road debrie though..
    I've gotten 3 estimates so far $590, 490 and 395..
    I decent CF hood is going to be at least $600(450+shipping) not to mention getting it painted...

NOT A GOOD MONTH FOR SUBIES!!!!! I'M SO PISSED!

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Hm, I'll have to get some estimates then. Somebody told me a Subaru OEM hood was around $600 unpainted, so I figured that would be close to the price of a CF hood.

9. jeb

jeb Member

My hood is going to have to be replaced as well. I though my car would have been in the garage but it turns out my dad was at golds when the hail came though. My roof is prety dinged up at well and I have a couple on my trunk. 600$ for an oem hood, I might just get a cf one and not paint it. Any opinions on how that looks on silver.

10. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Turns out I have (now that I can see it clearly with the sun out) a few small dings in the roof too. I don't know if I even want to mess with that though, as they are very very small and wouldn't bother me. Filed a claim w/ my insurance company and will take it in next week to have it looked at by them.