has anyone ever ship an entire suspension set up?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mokinbird87, Aug 8, 2012.

1. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

some guy in chicago wants to buy my suspension and offered me a pretty decent deal... will i be able to ship my d-specs + prodrives for less than $100? anybody have any suggestions on how to ship them for cheaper? :rofl:

2. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

-Find a friend that works for a company that uses a shipping service, ask to use that and cut the company a check.

-Don't use a shipping store

-Try to get everything in one box, without exceeding the normal size/weight measurements.

3. mokinbird87

well, if we have a deal i wouldnt have to deal with this nonsense haha... hopefully something will materialize

4. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

What he said above. I sent two sets of coilovers UPS and it was somewhat of a PITA but can be done. Finding the correct box will be the hard part and use lots of strapping material and tape.

5. mokinbird87

mind if i ask how much you were able to ship them off for?

6. stirhino

stirhino Member

Anyone that has a ups account will be able to get you a discount like Elec. said above. I personally get 30 or 40% off ground service with ups. But I am pretty darn far from you. Under 100 is no problem with using a UPS account number and the right box.

7. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

It wasnt much but used a UPS account number that gave a substantial discount for shipping.

8. liltoua

liltoua Member

Yea it helps if you have a hook up. I use to get discounted prices through my company and I shipped my suspension set up to Canada for around $150. That's pretty damn nice for international shipping LOL.

9. techlord

techlord Active Member

I sent my co's back to tein for a rebuild and it cost around $110, but that was 4yrs ago.

10. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Coilovers one box
    std suspension 2 boxes avoid oversize

<$100 with fedex account and insured

bike shop for box (frame or full bike)

11. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I work for UPS and get no discount :(

12. mokinbird87

hey guys, thanks for all the input! i got a buyer locally so no need to ship anymore.