have you ever felt...

Discussion in 'Latest Spin Forum Archive' started by WRX-WRC, Jul 30, 2005.

1. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

... like seriously killing/hurting someone really bad?

tonight on the way home i was minding my own business going south on 85 around jimmy carter when some asshole in his SUV start tailgating me, now there is plenty of room for him to go around so im like WTF. i tapped my brakes to get the jerks attention, he doesnt do anything. all of a sudden the guy tries to pass me on the left but a car is blocking him so he crosses 3 lanes to get on my right. when he gets on my right its not like he is in the other lane the fucker is touching the lines into my lane and then proceeds to cut me off with maybe 2 inches between his bumper and mine and slams on his breaks. well not everyone here knows but my girlfriend is pregnant and this scared the shit out of her and made me pissed off. this fucker nearly hit me and made me slam into someone elses car, i honestly feel like this guy would not have cared if he had caused us to have an accident.

I have never been so fucking mad in my entire life, the fact that some fucker with the lisense plate "chicano" had no respect for human life that he would pull such a stunt.

i flicked the guy of out the window for a solid 40 seconds or so after that, he just tapped his horn playfully thinking it was all fun and games.

*end of frustration

here is a pick of basically went down, not so complicated but i felt my mad paint skillz were needed.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  2. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

glad no one was hurt. 1 thing ive found since ive been here is there are alot of asshole drivers out there. i try to leave proper spacing between me and the car in front of me only to get cut off everytime by someone thinking oh there some room for me. remember theyll get theirs someday!

3. Kraut

Kraut New Member

what a fucking pos...i would have fucked him up, then piss in his face then stomp my foot into his head. haha

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  4. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Thankfully you guys were safe. I have learned that "tap the brake" technique can get you into more trouble than it is worth.

I had two instances were I did that tap the brake and even a light flash back in dallas.. On two seperate occasions I had an idiot follow me and get out of the car and put his fist about 2inches from my face and just sit there cussing me out. I wasnt sure what I did as I stood out front of a pets mart with my wife's fru fru Maltese in my arms. I just started laughing!!

2nd instance had like an older guy (40s) wait for me to come out of the store and did about the same thing as the guy in the other incident...

Not worth it. I use to toss a handfull of pennies out the window when I had a tailgater like that, but not anymore. Who knows who will pull a gun out!

5. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

wat a freakin dick....i woulda been pissed. Glad your wife is ok though i cant even imagine what htat would be like.

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Call 911 and report aggresive drivers. Thats what they are there for....

7. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

somebody need hella superhorns. After they pass you like that, just tear apart their ears.

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

glad nobody was hurt... i try to avoid doing anything drastic on the highway when people piss me off... like keith said, u never know who's carrying a gun

9. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

I'm glad that you and your girlfriend are ok alex. but second what milo and keith said. Even brake tapping can get you in more trouble, but you don't have to provoke someone to cause road rage.... in LA (where lane-splitting is legal) there was a guy in rush hour who was splitting cars and a woman threw open her door right in front of him. He flew off his bike and died, but he hadn't even done anything wrong, she was just pissed that he was moving faster than her. So, in the end, he was probably just an asshole. brush is off, and move on you've got much more important and happier things to think of than some dick in an SUV hatin' on your subie.

10. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yup..there are tons of asshole out there espoecially on the highway..typically if someone is tailgating me illtry and get out of their way..the break tapping never works infact i think that was a question on the drivers test and is listed things not to do

11. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

that sucks man. yeah be careful with those dumbasses. some may be carrying a gun like others have said. isn't there a cop on here? maybe he can run this "chicano" plate. hell if thats his plate, i'd report his ass. friggin some people are just retarded/ignorant. glad ya'll were okay...thats what matters.

12. That sucks man, glad you're ok.... some people just don't have the brain power to actually drive a car. There's not much that can be done after the fact.... and officer has to witness the traffic infraction before he can issue a citation. Unfortunately, there are lots of aggressive drivers, especially on the interstate.... I see idiots all the freakin time when I'm driving in my WRX and it pisses me off. If you come across an aggressive driver, you can call it in right away.... otherwise there's not much you can do. But the "brake check" idea isn't so hot.... then you're making yourself part of the problem.

Defensive driving is uber-important....

13. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

yeah, i know brake checking is the smartest idea, but i cant change that, even though i would be more than glad too.

14. I try to hit my brakes as rarely as possible on the expressway. What I am very good at is downshifting though... when people come up behind me like that I'll just casually downshift or let off the accelerator and gradually slowdown until its just better for them to pass me and forget me, than it is for me to provoke them. Better for me to feel good about annoying him by being slow and for him to feel that "That subaru guy doesn't know how to drive."

See, everyone wins... :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle:

15. halvdan

halvdan Member

im sorry alex. but the only part i dont get after rereading that is your car actually ended up in an accident or nearly avoided one becuase the guy swerved in and braked so close in front of you? does what im saying make sense. just fele a litle lost on that aspect...

16. lostinthewoods

17. lostinthewoods

http://www.safespeed.org.uk/tailgate.html

Or to have fun with tailgaters... a Fun a lil Mod

get a winshield washer system, hook it to a dash switch, fill it with cooking oil,run an 1/8 inch brake line to your exhaust manifold, install it so it injects the oil into the manifold. The oil will be instantly vaporized and the results will be massive clouds of white smoke comming from your tail pipe and the tailgater will have no choice but to slow down or stop because he won't be able to see.If you use canola oil you can make whole neighborhoods smell like popcorn

18. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

What a great idea ^^.

19. sti4u2nv

sti4u2nv Member

I usually do the slow down method too. just let off the gas and they almost always go around. If he was being a real dick or gives me the bird as he passes I'll speed back up and pace him for a mile, but at a safe distance.

And yeah, I caught that too, did he cause you to hit another car because you had to slam on your brakes?

20. Alex_ATL

Alex_ATL Member

I don't think he ended up hitting anyone. As others said brake tapping can be fun, unless the fucker's got a gun! But i'd say just do your best to avoid people like that, slow down and hope he goes about his business. Calling in the plate is always a good option. Say he could possibly be drunk as he is 'swerving' :)

21. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

sorry to hear it dude but glad to hear you and your SO are unscathed. i honestly haven't driven in a place with more self-important fucktards than metro ATL. in fact i have a nice little chip outta my PFF-7 due to an oncomming SUV/SOB declaring my lane hers. ate a curb to save the car. and i do believe she was laughing when i looked back. i wasn't born with enough middle fingers.

don't worry about the assholes, karma will take care of 'em.

22. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

23. lostinthewoods

Just go James Bond on them.

Mount some paint ball guns up under your bumper and a nice size hopper.. and light up there SUV in nice rainbow colors. :rofl: :rofl:

Just messing

24. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I am very glad that you are OK and also your girlfriend. There are really bad drivers wherever you go... any state. I am always looking in my rear view mirror. I think that the really bad ones just don't care about a thing except for themselves. I would have been steaming mad if somebody did that to me... Heck, even when I was in the military, people would drive like maniacs on base, and believe me, you don't want to get caught doing that. It just goes to show you that people are selfish as hell and don't care for their life or others.. I bet you a million bucks that the guy that did that to you does that on a DAILY basis... I posted a story a few months ago about a scary situation that happened to me on Barrett Parkway. Just have to be a defensive driver at ALL times.... I hope that it never happens to anybody ever again...

Take Care,

Mark