Headlight fluid

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AK_Raptor, Apr 30, 2008.

1. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

Okay seems like every couple of months I see a little condensation in my headlights do you think i could put some desiccant in there to keep it dry?

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

:rofl:

Your blinker fluid is low!!

Actually, I would inspect the headlight around to make sure there isn't a hole in the sealant. This will cause the moisture to get in there.

On the other hand, I would just open them up and reseal them all together just to make sure.

3. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Yeah, there is a DIY about "clearing" headlights. I would suggest letting someone that knows how to do this bake yours at the next install meet. It seems pretty easy if you want to try it yourself.

4. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

Yeah I know thats what I did but it was just a little bit and was wondering if that would or could work lol

5. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

If there is condensation in there then you messed up the clearing. Re bake and seal again. Opening the light again to add desiccant is only going to add more moisture. How were you planning on securing it to the headlight without having desiccant bouncing everywhere?

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

Duct tape. Duct tape the dessicant in there then duct tape it closed. Works everytime.

Haha but seriously just take them back apart and clean out the old sealant and put nothing but fresh new sealant in there

7. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

Ok this wasn't a serious conversation cause I had already fixed the light and was wondering if it could work or not

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Even over time Ive seen seals deteriorate with or without opening the headlights. Sometimes, it just happens.

You could try popping them in the oven for a few minutes without disassembling them and then using a series of clamps around the lens to ensure a tight seal.