Health Insurance - Fam Policies NOT through work

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by techlord, Jun 14, 2010.

1. techlord

techlord Active Member

Well BCBS just raised our insurance again and I am fucking livid to be quite honest. Our family is organic in most everything we eat, exercise regularly and don't do vaccinations. We only go to see a doctor when death is near. However, they have raised our rates again and it wasnt an age jump that did it.
    I calculated all of the payouts (may have missed a few but nothing substantial) negotiated payouts were 2322.17 and I paid 8688.12.
    What a fucking scam!!!

Anyways maybe some of you guys will chime in as to what policy you have, what you like and dislike. Maybe I need to dump these fools but to do so I have to wait a year to slap another bun in the oven...still trying for a girl!

let it flow fellaz, not interested in company policies as it does not apply to those of us who purchase our own.

who are you with
    deductables
    coverages or lack there of

2. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

I used to have self bought bcbs, wasnt too bad, if you are the healthy type, but if shopping id recommend using.

http://www.ehealthinsurance.com/

They are very good and have lotsa choices and can search by lotsa diff deductibles, view EOB and such.

Thats all i got. Good luck

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I've had several and BCBS was by far the best. They were the only ones who didn't nickle and dime (more like hundreds and fifties) you to death. Cigna was horrible; they stated X-rays were covered and the you got a $300 bill for the X-ray...technician. Oh yeah, the X-ray was covered, the guy doing it wasn't.

4. techlord

techlord Active Member

Wirelessly posted

No doubt then you have to pay a radiologist to read the damn thing.

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Dang that sucks Rick. I'm glad for my company paid BCBS. My $24000 appendectomy only cost me $800 total.

Good luck on your search.

6. techlord

techlord Active Member

well I have their best plan the premier line with a 2K ded but it seems taht everyfuckingthing goes to the deductable. I have started going into the office for something that is not routine and telling them I have NO insurance and will be paying cash and whaddyaknow the price is cut by 70%. Once we are done with making babies I am thinking catastrophic policy.

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

$2K deductable!!!!! Dang. Mine is only $400.

8. techlord

techlord Active Member

they have no such deductable, it is 0, 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 4000, 7000, 10000.

you lie again. lol

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Sorry but no lie. I have the statements sitting right here. We have a custom catered corporate plan here. Maybe bcbs-ga is diff than bcbs-sc?

Actually it is $400 individual or $800 family. But still cheaper than $2000. Wife has own plan with state of sc. Once we have our first child we will ditch her plan and change mine to a family plan.

10. techlord

techlord Active Member

maybe it is different from state to state.
    the 100% plan is like 1200 a month the 2K is 760 up from 687. If I had it my way I would just pay by the drink.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010