Hellooooo! :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by toxxxic, Dec 22, 2013.

1. toxxxic

toxxxic New Member

Hello interweb peoples! :wiggle: I'm Rachel (or toxxxic, tawksick, whatever). Some of you may remember me from Import Atlanta. :argue: I used to have some cool little matchbox hondas, but I got a WRX about 6 months ago - and so far am loving it (and all you cool kids to share waves and headlight flashes with on the road!) - YAY! :bowdown: Anyways, so it's an 02 WRX Wagon in Midnight Black Pearl ... OOOOOH FANCY! :pssh: And currently I have a cobb intake, perrin inlet pipe, who-knows-what downpipe & exhaust. Aaaaand I'm about to start the venture into shopping for suspension and wheels (which is why I'm posting. Apparently I've been lurking since May and have never posted. How rude!) and hopefully get a cobb access port soon too! But anyways, HI! Look forward to surfing and posting with you guys! :banana:

2. Justin V

Justin V Member

Wagon love!!

Hella flush suspension or handling suspension?

I'm running 04 sti sedan suspension including A-Arms and rear lat links with Whiteline sways and I love it. The sedan arms can limit your wheel choices but fill out the fenders much more on stock wheels.

3. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

I had a feeling looking at this thread title someone was either drunk or a chick. Glad it was the latter.

Welcome.

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

TiC sexy suspension bushing kit
    4/2 pot caliper swap
    FEAL STI struts
    Swift or RCE springs
    Grp N tophats

Stop by Subaru of Kennesaw (SOK) to check if all the recall work has been taken care of.

5. toxxxic

toxxxic New Member

i had a nightmarish experience recently at SOK...

went in for a busted fuel line.

$432849382 dollars later, I have a short in my wiring harness that causes a misfire in cyl #4. mehhhh.

6. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Welcome!

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

Well the plastic used on the wiring harness is crap at best especially being 10+ years old. The trusty fallback around here is Allpro in Alpheretta or 6Star in Decatur for routine service and installs

was the busted line under the intake manifold? If so there was a recall for this

8. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

Yeah I remember your car.. I work at SoK (No I was not the tech who worked on it!) Either way, wagon love. :wavy:

9. toxxxic

toxxxic New Member

it was! they said it wasnt a recall, but instead a warranty extension that expired in July ... :squint: of course. and SOA refused to pay for any of it. so while they were under there, they found one of the bolts on my coolant crossover pipe was cross threaded, called me and told me the pipe was broken and pouring coolant and bullied me into fixing it... and then gave me the car back in limp mode claiming it came in with a bad coil. PSHHHH. never again. I love Allpro - they've helped me with so many things from my TGVs to passing emissions. Never heard of 6Star!

Hahaha yes, it spent quite a few nights with you guys! :)

10. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

welcome (back) to the community, Rachel!

11. b reel

b reel Active Member

http://www.sixstarsvc.com/

cross-over stripped? sounds like the motor has been pulled

as for the coil pack, common failure along with the retaining clips breaking.

12. toxxxic

toxxxic New Member

yeah the engine has ~10k on it :)

sok replaced the coil after this happened. didn't fix the problem :mad:

13. Welcome fellow ImportATL alum.

14. Western

Western Supporting Member

Welcome! I was on IA as well and definitely saw you around for a while. I guess I still am, but I only check in because I'm selling my Prelude on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. outbacksprt

outbacksprt Member

Well, welcome to the forum and sorry for the problems with SoK. I'm a tech and I remember your car. I didn't work on it but remember it. So you replaced the coil and it didn't fix it. That sucks.

Currently can't look up recalls or anything grr

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013