help....02 red wrx for evo

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by scuby drew, Sep 14, 2005.

1. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

One of my good friends dad owns a nissan and mitsu dealership in gainsville. They recently sold an 02 wrx that someone traded in for an evo. The wrx will not pass emmisions and they have found out through through some ugly confrontation that the purchaser of the wrx is wanting to sue the dealership. My friend, who also drives a heavily modded evo, came to me and asked if i could post this up on our forum in hopes of finding the original owner to see if we could find out what was done to the car in order to find the best way to fix the problem. So if any of you guys know someone that recently traded in their wrx for an evo please shoot me a pm. We are just trying to help Chris's dad spend less money on getting this new wrx owner satisfied and to avoid some sort of law suit. The car is currently at SoG.

here is what my friend chris sent me....

to make a long story short, a friend of mine bought a car from my dads dealership that is in hall county (non-emissions). he lives however in gwinnett county and when he brought the car to get its emissions, it turned out that it did not pass. my dad has spent over a grand out of his own pocket to try to fix the car, as to not put a bad image for my friends dad who is extremely stubborn about the whole thing (threatened to actually take my dad to court if he did not pay for everything, saying it's illegal in ga for ANY dealership to sell a car that could not pass emissions). my dad told me that he is wrong and after he signed the "This car is sold AS-IS" sheet, he is legally tied to take the car the way it is and the dealership is not responsible for any thing to do with that car.

I was wondering if any of you guys knew the answer to this question or could find me some legal document or site that states this. Thanks, it's not so much so my dad won't fix it (cause he's continuing to spend money to get it to pass emissions) but just so my friends dad can stop being such an ass about the whole situation and realize that my dad is actually taking money from his own pocket to do him a favor. Thank you.

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Contact the GA Clean Air Force. To the best of my knowledge, the car must pass emissions inspection before sale in the following counties: Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding, and Rockdale. Outside of that, not required.

That said, it's kind of uncool that the dealer would sell a car that won't pass GA emissions in required counties...

4. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

never mix friends with business thats always gonna be bad. Ive had these situations occur before as well. Im sorry to hear this. I would say that once they sign the sold as is sheet that they are pretty much in a contract to purchase it no complaints. Run the code on the car if is has a cel to see whats wrong. it could be something as simple as an 02 sensor.

5. slizan99

slizan99 Member

well, since its and OBDII car, find out what codes its kicking. when he took it to get certified, they should have given him a paper that states why it won't pass. It either has to be a visual failure (no cats) or and OBDII failure (DTC's stored in memory of ecm)

6. scuby drew

That said, it's kind of uncool that the dealer would sell a car that won't pass GA emissions in required counties...[/QUOTE]

well the dealship is located in hall county, but at the time they did not know that it would not pass emmisions and the buyer was anxious to get the car and it was not on the lot even a week after being traded in.

7. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

i dont recall there being a red 02 on this forum.

8. scuby drew

preciate it guys, im gunna post it up on clubwrx and nasioc

9. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Yea I Think It Should Be On The Dealership To Fix The Problem..passing Emissions Is Pretty Important