HELP 04 Forester XT wind noise!!!

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Tom's WRX, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

Hello all, long time no see. I have been working harder than damnit to try and get my mother in law's 04 Forester XT back into pristine running condition. Let me tell you, it's been a chore. No maintenance for about a year, so you know how that goes. I even found anti-freeze in the windshield wiper fluid. NOT GOOD FOR THE PAINT AT ALL!
    In any event, 90% complete with everything, but i have 2 remaining issues.

At the triangle piece in the front corner of the driver's window there is a tweeter. There is an absurd amount of wind noise coming from behind it. I have removed the mirror, tightened the three bolts that hold the mirror apparatus together so that there is no gap at all, and have duct taped all possible points of entry for wind just to trouble shoot the origin of the noise. Needless to say, i have come to no resolution thus far and am about ready to punch out the window and tell my Mom in law that it's cool to roll with your window down in the middle of a WV winter.

My second and "slightly" less annoying issue is the clicker. When i woefully decided to take on the project of getting her sub back into shape, the clicker wasn't working. I replaced the battery in the clicker and eventually the battery in the car because i killed it trying to reprogram the clicker off of some web post. So.... what i am asking is if anyone knows how to reprogram a clicker any other way aside from going to SOG to get it done. Im not trying to spend an arm or a leg here, actually i dont want to spend anything because i'm broke.

So RECAP...
    terrible wind noise in front corner of driver's side window.
    reprogramming the clicker

Any aid would be most appreciated and you may even find a little christmas card in your mail box from my Mom in Law for your assistance. Thanks for the help in advance.

Tommy (old WRXATL veteran) Waterworth

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

hey Tommy! welcome back :wavey:

1. my Impreza does this, as does most of the other frameless window'd Subaru's. I found that the culprit is the rubber seal. It's annoying, but I haven't really found a way to get rid of it. Sometimes I can get it to quiet down a little by opening then closing the window.

2. I thought the Key FOB had instructions on the back, or is that only to get the beep to turn on/off?

3. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

1. Yes its the goddamn rubber seal.
    2. ..thats just the instructions to get the beep to turn on/off

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Wow, we had two Old Schoolers return this week, Craig and now Tommy. Welcome back man. Hope all is going well.

5. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

i got too new rubber seals from the dealership, after my tint guy cut them...if i recall they weren't to bad on the pocket book..

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Please post a photo of your remote, I will tell you how to program it :)