Help!! Broken Axel Seal! Pissed!!

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by ScoobyMike, Nov 28, 2004.

1. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

:mad: So I just got my downpipe & uppipe put on like not even a week ago. Already threw the Check Engine light, but I'm not upset about that, I can fix that myself. What I'm pissed at is that when I got a new clutch about a month ago through Classic(which was a big mistake). When I got the car up in the lift and what did I see? Driver side axel seal leak. And I think that its making my car run like shit. But when I drive it sometimes the clutch almost feels like it can't hold the power I'm putting out, which is crazy bc I maybe have 200+ at the wheels. So I don't think thats the problem. But I'll going like 5 miles hr and the car will be in gear and I let the clutch out and the tach and speedo will shoot up like I'm going 30-40 miles hr when I'm really going 5 or 10 miles hr. I just wanted to ask some of you if y'
    all know what could be causing this. I called the Classic and left a message but they are all dickless bastards that work there so I'm sure they won't call me back anytime soon. If anyone has any info to help me out that would be great. Thanks

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i was not too happy with the techs at classic anyway... im going over to subaru of gwinnett on tuesday... maybe u might wanna talk to them and see what can be done...

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

That sucks.

Are you still under warranty? I dont know if axles are under the 60K powertrain/drivetrain warranty but it might be worth a call.

Are you sure that it isnt an electrical problem since the speedo is off too? Maybe a stripped speedo gear . . .?

4. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Yeah man I don't know what the hell is wrong. Today it was running just fine and was pulling really hard. I took it to Classic tonight so the tech could drive it and it didn't do anything wrong really. But when you go in reverse the downpipe hits the side of the tranny mount(so milo make a note). Then the tech started talking about all the mods I had and that subaru won't cover it, so I was like oh great. I told him if he finds something wrong then to tell me what it is and I would take it to SOG and get it fixed there, cuz I know that there kinda mod friend there. Who knows.

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im goin to SOG tomorrow... let me know if u plan to go also