Help for printer

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nik_05STi, Aug 3, 2011.

1. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

One of the printer's at my work is messed up. It's not printing and we need it fixed. Its a Xerox Phaser 8560. If anyone knows about these and willing to come to our office to fix it, we will pay you. I can't really describe whats wrong with, but it should be fixable. It's not abused but for some reason won't print. If anyone can help out on this, please let me know. Our office is located in Woodstock, GA

2. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

this guy...

[​IMG]

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Hate to ask, but it is plugged in and full of paper...correct?

4. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

5. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

First thing to do is always power cycle if having problems. If I was closer, I would come by to take a look. If that doesnt fix your problem, be prepared to get ass raped by a Xerox tech.

6. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Is it a wax printer? We have an 8550 in my office, but gave up on it long ago. All hail the 7760!

7. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Has ink, has paper. Unplugged it, then plugged it back in. Xerox test page printed (a little faded, but still printed). On a regular print task, prints blank page, then actual page gets stuck, everytime. I though it was a roller, but a blank page goes through. I cant really take this type of printer apart, Im afraid ill break some important pieces. And yeah, a Xerox tech charges too much. For what they charge might as well by another printer

8. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

You already called a tech, but here's the guy we use:
    Terence Overton, service@computerandprinterservices.com, cell 678 dot 247 dash 4605

You can tell him Michael from Mindpower referred you. He's fast, and good, but I'm not sure what he charges per visit, because we have a service contract with him.

9. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Thanks man, i'll hit him up tomorrow while at work

10. techlord

techlord Active Member

If it was moved without allowing the wax to cool it is a PITA to clean out. We have hundreds of these at work and I have a great tech that knows that model like the back of his hand. Pm me your contact info and location of the printer and I will get him in touch with you.