help guys... opinions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mad Mallard, May 28, 2005.

1. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

help guys...bad mechanic?

After my excellent shopping exp with Tires.com/discount tires, My mother's lumina needed a fresh pair. One side was damaged from running 15lbs low and the tread on the other one was just done (rear.)

But the fronts passed the penny test and probably have a good 10k left or so. I told her to get a pair (kumho passenger allseason), and have them install them on the front, and move the good ones left to the back.

I always thought the reasoning was your drive tires in FWD should always have the best grip.

she came back and said that the attendant told her he wouldn't do the install like that for safety issues, and now the new tires are on the back.

WTF??

I'm worried my mother my have been snowed so that she'll need more tires sooner...

(he gave a reason, but i'll share it after a few opinions)

Last edited: May 28, 2005
  2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:roflwtf:

He's paid to do what you ask him to isnt he?

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

take the 4 way and swap the rears to the front..thats what id do

4. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

his reasoning was 'its dangerous and you could fishtail. I can't do it.'

5. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Sounds more like "im lazy and have a fish sandwich for lunch i need to eat. I can't do it.'

6. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

roger, switch them out.

7. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

ive been driving fwd cars for most of thee time ive been driving. i always put the balder tires to the rear. it pretty hard to "fishtail" a fwd car short of yolking the e brake. fwd always understeer, and rarly oversteer. IMHO :rolleyes: