Help. I bought catted downpipe

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by dpulse2930, Oct 16, 2013.

1. dpulse2930

dpulse2930 Member

I purchased catted downpipe and went to local muffler shop and they didnt have clue how to install it and just gave me quote of 200 and guessed it can be higher as they start working on it.

Im in marietta ga is there any shop ny one can recommend.? For installing catted dp ? I also went to meineken they quoted 350 and was saying they need to take off turbo to install.. Never heard of that before..

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Jesus christ....dont take it to an exhaust shop....and you dont have to remove the turbo to put it on.

You can do it yourself in less than 2 hours.

3. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Andy over at Versatile Automotive can do it or make the hike to AllPro

4. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

The heat shields in OEM form can be a little tedious but the turbo does not need to be removed.

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

simple install, make the trip to allpro and they will take care of you. the price is always right there!

6. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I also highly recommend AllPro.

7. Ricanracer21

Ricanracer21 New Member

I'm in GA as well, I wouldn't recommend taking anything to a shop around here muffler wise lol. Anyways, it's extremely simple to do the catted downpipe. It is recommended to remove the FMIC because it makes it a whole lot easier, but not necessary(especially if you don't know how to). You'll need to jack up your car obviously, and remove the old downpipe (makes it easier to remove the catback for the time being) anyways, take off the downpipe from the catback, slide the downpipe down through the engine bay to the bottom of the car, and then reverse the process with the new downpipe, lol. Sorry if it's not super explanatory...but better than nothing.