Help installing or a good install shop ...

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by roorunner, Feb 8, 2005.

1. roorunner

roorunner New Member

Anyone instrested in helping me install a few things on my car? An VF39, injectors and fuel pump. I'm new to Subaru (was VW and Ford) and I don't have a garage. I live in Augusta Ga at Fort Gordon.

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

haven't done much hands on work on my car so i wouldn't be much help on my own... also i don't know of any shops in augusta... if ur planning on coming down to atl, ur choice of shops might depend on what kind of EM ur running... if ur running ecutek, then go to subaru gwinnett... if ur running utec, then subaru gwinnett and knowledge performance are good choices (i dunno if topspeed does utecs but i believe they do)... if ur running accessport, then u could probably go anywhere

3. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Are you willing to drive to Atlanta to get it installed and tuned?

4. roorunner

roorunner New Member

Yes, I am willing to drive to ATL. So G Suby does performance installs? Thought they were just a SPT parts distributor. Thanks for the info.

5. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

SOG should do all the work for you. Call and ask for Scott

678-475-3500

6. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

I can help with most of it but injectors.
    Only wed-fri tho :)

Fuel Pump is fairly simple. 1hr or so. Under rear seat, bolt in affair, just have less than a 1/4 tank of gas when ya do it.

Turbo isnt bad, 5 downpipe bolts, and 4 other bolts, and remove water, oil lines. Only hard thing about the turbo install is.... A. Stock inlet pipe, do not rip or tear and you should be ok. B. Oil Return line ugh... this one is a pain in the rear, but only if you dont focus on it, I am still amazed an engineer thought that line is a good idea, maybe it was an accountant that pulled the trigger :) Anyways, several sti/wrx owners have not aligned it right causing an immediate dump of oil on the floor. and even more immediate reinstallation lol. Also much quicker if you already have a downpipe with no heatshield.

Injectors.... noooooooo idea. Havent researched it yet but have to either learn or cough up the cash :)

Then well gotta tune it, so be prepared to pay someone to ecutek the puppy.
    Can go to SoG with Mr. Scott, or Mail Ecutek and have fine tuned by scott later on.

Good places to have everything installed could be SoG, TopSpeed, Possibly Knowledge or Battleground.

Jason

7. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

ill help..i just finished installing my vf22 and injectors by myself..pretty simple install..weekends and evenings are best for me