help! lost wheel key

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by smjkxsnoopy, Apr 3, 2006.

1. smjkxsnoopy

smjkxsnoopy Member

i have a damaged tire and i cant drive anywhere!! Freaking cant find my lug nut key (mcgard spline lugs) so i cant even replace it....Anyone have a key i can borrow? If not anyone know anything i can do?>

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

call discount tire... they might have assorted keys

3. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

you can order a replacement as well....

4. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

If the splines are external, sometimes you can hammer a regular socket on the lug nut.

5. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

wouldn't that strip the hell out of your lugs?

EDIT: I have the same lugs, Where are you located?

6. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

i'm sure he can help u out there

7. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

It would destroy the locking one, obviously. But if you *have* to get the thing off and can't wait for a key, it's one way.

8. smjkxsnoopy

smjkxsnoopy Member

i am located in atlanta

9. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Well I live on Sugarloaf in Lawrenceville and work in Alpharetta...so what do you want to do?

10. smjkxsnoopy

smjkxsnoopy Member

my parents live in lawrenceville. do u have time on sunday? My car is at my apartment (atlanta) so i have to either meet u up and borrow the key from u or if u want i can pick u up and u can come to my place....thannks for ur help.....can u pm me ur phone #:?

11. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah bro I'll PM you.....

12. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

i have one, i dunno if it's the same brand of spline lugs though.

13. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

we worked something out for Sunday......but if anyone has one whos closer to him and can meet up sooner let him know!!!

14. tcox

tcox New Member

i know they make a tool for an impact gun that is designed to take off wheel locks for things like this. i use them at work alot and they are pretty nifty. you should be able to pick it up at an auto parts store. granted you are gonna need a new lug nut

15. smjkxsnoopy

smjkxsnoopy Member

Got my wheels off through butler tires...thanks for all the help though guys...

16. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

sorry my key didn't fit......got your call and Sunday is cool just give me a call or stop by the restaurant ...