Help Me with a summer job

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Suby1128, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

So Craig needs a summer job to feed not only his car modding addiction, but also to cover his ass for any dates (if any) he gets himself into at GT next fall. I live in the Peachtree Corners area, and was wondering if anybody knew of, or works at anywhere, that would be hiring a summer employee for approx $9 an hour. Looking to work in the Norcross/Duluth/Alpharetta area, but will prob. go to Northpoint mall this weekend to see if I can pick up some applications.
    Craig

2. married05gt

married05gt starting over

Hey man we are always looking for summer help. A couple options, If you want to bust your ass and work out in the feild with me you can make around $800-$1500 a week but its not for every body. We also need warehouse help and I'm sure it pays at least $10/hr. The company name is Shumate mechanical, we are located in duluth.

3. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

what type of work would I be doing there for either position?
    Craig

4. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

more than likely hard labor, you can always work at home depot like me buddy, they pay pretty good. 9-10 bucks an hour. It's hard work though.

5. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

hard work, you've seen my lousy excuse for arm muscle :D
    Craig

6. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

it will help you get bigger at least....

7. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

this is very true.
    Craig

8. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

its a fun job, outside all day...etc.etc...I worked at the mall for a summer and hated it..

9. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

Yeah I wouldn't like to deal with a buncha punk kids all day at the mall. Not sure I wanna be a waiter either, and lifeguarding doesn't seem to be my thing.
    Craig

10. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

pretty much done all of those. Worked at A&F for a year and that sucked, was a lifegaurd at my pool where I live and that was boring.

11. married05gt

married05gt starting over

Working in the wharehouse is cake. You just help pull our orders in the morning and clean alittle. If u are over 18 you will drive a f650 on some dilliverys.

If you work in the field it is more money but you have to deal with costumers and work in upto 150 deg. attics. But all in all if you are looking for summer only I would stick with the wharehouse. Let me know if you need a contact person

12. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

I am 18 right now. My dad says he may have a job for me, but the job he is wanting me to do for his company is inputting information into a database all day. very monotonous, and he needs me to do it full time (9-5) 5 days a week. I shall know by this weekend if he can give me this job, and if he cannot I will let you know about this job. It sounds good working in the warehouse though.
    Thanks!
    Craig

13. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

damn. home depot sounds good actually, you think that you can get me on for some week hours. i cant really work weekends cause i have to be in west virginia alot for military training. but since i only go to class 2 nights a week, i have entirely too much time on my hands.

14. AWD OWNZ U

AWD OWNZ U Member

I've had to do data entry before, it sucks. It's an easy mindless job, but I'd rather be doing something a little more exciting. Which is why I do data analysis now, lol.

15. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

just let me know what you want to do buddy and I will talk to the manager.....:p

16. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

we'll talk begining of next week