Help: Resume Help!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WRXCoupe, Jan 6, 2009.

1. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Hello All

It's been 11 years since I've been on a job search. It appears that after this Friday I will be joining the millions of unemployed Americans:eek3:. I will do whatever I have to, not to humble for any job, while I’m searching.

I desperately need some resume help. I will be willing to pay for professional services, or beer and pizza for advice.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Mike

2. Deke

Deke Active Member

3. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Thanks Deke! I shot him a pm.

4. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Sorry to hear that man! Best of luck!!

5. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Thanks I need it!

6. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

what field are you working in currently?
    The M2M business (machine to machine) is booming these days. the new "tune anywhere" that topspeed is selling is a common use of a M2M device. as well as GPS devises. if you're into the technology sector of life, maybe start reading up on that field.

7. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Mine's not professionally done or anything, but I have the one from the college job fairs that Tech's career services recommends. I also had it looked at by one of the HR people at NASA (really good old friend of mine) who does hiring and she said it's about perfect. In a nutshell (and what I remember), you want to list the main points (objective, education, experience, skills, affiliations, honors) and try and keep it to one page. If you (or anybody else for that matter) want it, I'll be more than happy to email it to you. I also have Thank You letters and Cover Letters for use when sending in the Resume. Leave me your email (either here or PM) and I'll be more than happy to send you all I have.

Sorry about the news, good luck in finding a new job quickly.