Help They Took My Car

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WrxCrazy, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

Impounded
    Omg
    I Had No Inc They Said
    Took Me To Jail
    I Was Going To Work And A Cop Stoped Me His Name? J.r.west
    Okie He Seems A Cool Cop Asked My Inc And D.l I Gave Him He Check And Told Me No Proof Of Inc So Took Me To Jail 9 O Clock In Morning My Lil Bro Bailed Me 7 O Clock Evening They Impounded My Car
    I Checked With All Surroundings Impound Lots Even The Ones The Police Station Said I Cannot Find My Car
    Even I Gave My Inv Number No Finding Yet..
    What Should I Do?
    I Left A Message With Officer J.r.west Waiting For His Call At 10:00pm At Night..
    U Guys Know Anything Please Help I Want My Baby Back A.s.a.p

I Dunno What They Are Doing To My Car.. I Feel Like They Tearing It Apart Or Something I Had A Bad Dream Also.. Any1 Know??

Last edited: Jul 18, 2006
  2. D_K

D_K Member

OMG...yeah..I've been in that situation before...the only thing to do is to get in touch with that cop..or the county station..to see where they bring it to...

and they HAVE to find it..those jerkoffs impounded it..so in a sense..they should know where it is..

lets just keep our fingers crossed for the safe return on ur car...

trust me man...i've been in that situation...and they treat ur car like crap..

3. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

oh man, what happned to your insurance?

4. 8urvtec

8urvtec Member

holy crap that sucks

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i have no idea what to do in a situation like this... but were u really driving around without insurance?

6. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Hopefully it was a system error and you did have insurance, that happened to me everything was cool on my end but wasnt on his, and depending on where they take it(downtown near the stadium) they will go through you car. hope it works out fo ya man!

7. Goose013

Goose013 Member

I'm in the ins. field and this new state computerized ins. checker is bullshit. if the great employees of the state enter 1 number incorrectly about your vehicle or ins. policy it will show you have no insurance. Another money maker by our state it looks like. Better have your agent's # handy.

8. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

I DID HAVE MY INS IT WAS A SYSTEM ERROR
    TAKING THEM TO COURT AND ALSO SUEING THEM FOR MAKING A WRONG ERROR WHICH NOW COST ME MY STUPID JOB.. LOOSING MONEY LIKE CRAP MANN ALREADY MY CREDIT CARDS R WASHED OUT

9. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

does that work?....I just called my agency and they said that it's all electronically done now, and they can pull up all your info from your tag #

Shady,
    I hope everything is figured out and your car comes back untouched...was a similar situation that you had the other night where there was a one # discrepancy?

10. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

damn man this sucks. i hope you get it worked out. ive always seen the comercial but i never knew they could impound your car because of it.

11. heathbar

heathbar Member

OMG... Just curious, how did it cost you your job? If you go to court, I hope you win. That sucks.

12. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Yep exactly! that how they got me too.

Hey man, get a dam good lawyer if you do sue them!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2006
  13. cannarella

cannarella Member

That blows man.

Out of curisoity I called my Ins. agent and he said that is happening. He has had people that have had ins laps call him from the patrol car.

He did tell me that the state "should" send you a letter on the anniverisy of your ins renewal if they see that your registered car does not have any. He said they ususally give you 30 days to correct by going through your ins agent and haveing them electronically enter it into the states system. Also the 5 and S are the ones that always get interchanged.

Is there a way we can check on some web site to see if we are entered correctly? DOT website? Does anybody know a cop that could check the system for us just to be sure??? It would suck if someone got pulled over on the scavenger hunt and never came back...

Andy

14. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

there are some serious private property rights and constitutional rights with the new insurance verification laws based around the flakey system.

15. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

i got fired from my job cause of it..
    also
    i got the letter from my reg saying i need to act quickly
    and i did
    i told the officer that my 1 vin number was off and i got the letter but noob didn't wanted to listen i mean come on they just wanna make money.. this just blows :(

16. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

did ya get the car back yet?

17. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

did you not have an insurance card ?

18. mckenzietj

mckenzietj Member

Sorry to hear about that man. I must have called you 5 times last night while waiting for you but I completely understand your preoccupation. Hope it all works out for you bro.

19. Trey

Trey Active Member

Sucks about yoru car but the above doesn't make any sense. If you are an exceptional employee and you are late because you went to jail on a technicality, and have tickets to prove it, an employer will let it slide.

Are you saying you weren't already in hot water at work and this was the last straw so you got canned? That would make sense.

Just trying to understand. Good luck!

20. V_WRX

V_WRX Member

Hey Shady, any updates?

21. heathbar

heathbar Member

I was wondering the same thing.

22. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

the thing is my boss is a dumb hole
    he said i was fired because of talking to much on phone then he calls me today to tell me it was a joke and wants me to come bak..
    also he told me he wouldnt fire me cause i'm a good worker..
    anyway
    i got my car back today
    but bad news is my mom wont let me drive it till dec..
    reason? i need to drive safe in my mothers camry :( which sucks cause it's not fast over all it's all good .
    also got my car back with no shyt taken out so it's all good

23. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

you can't drive your wrx till Dec?.....:eek3: ...that's the worst punishment ever!!!....

24. Trey

Trey Active Member

Sounds like it all worked out man. Congrats!

25. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Shady, I am glad that things worked out for you. Do you still want to do the scavenger hunt?. Would you still like to use the Honda Accord you were talking about?.

Mark

26. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

glad you got job and car back
    but
    I think you need to document this incident about your boss firing you as a joke. Firing someone is not a joke and has serious consequences when some one is informed that they have lost their job. Many people take immediate actions and some not reversible.

Personally i think he wanted to fire you and did that without proper protocol and maybe HR or someone found out and was told he cannot proceed. You may want to follow up on really what happened

27. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I'd hate showing up to work with an AR-15 only to find out that I wasnt really fired.

Glad to hear you got the car back. Be careful with the Camry, I've been driving my mom's minivan for the last week while my car's been down and it's much more tempting to speed around in a slow car. Its just too easy to hold the pedal to the floor all of the time.

28. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Ha! then you get fired for real for bringing it to work.

before I got the L I was ridin in a old camry, cant front it was some wheels but when you not driving a stick shift and go to auto you get really lazy behind the wheel.

shady, glad everything worked out, it could be worse....a moment of silence for the rex....

29. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

glad it all worked out man

30. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

glad you got your car back shady..camry is not too bad..probably save you some on gas for a bit

31. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Glad to see everything worked out for you bud.

32. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

I hate how single minded some people can be and the consequences their actions lead to (the cop). He was an ass by the sounds of it. He should think for a second...would someone who has a modified tuner car really be dumb enough to drive without owning insurance?? If they put time and effort into the car i should imagine they would have the legal requirements to drive!

33. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

u'd be surprised with some of the people on our roads... like this for instance... http://www.wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8044
    i doubt he's insured, supposedly he drives around without plates

34. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

something sounds fishy about this

35. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

wow...i haven't been on the boards in a few days. like everyone said...glad you got ur car back bro.

36. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

well the thing happened is my bro dont like to drive stick.. so i'm getting to drive it again .. weeeeeeee
    also my bro hates my car
    reason? it's a 5 speed, he gets stuck on high slopes with 1st gear and he missed my 2nd and 4th gear 5 times which means more then that .. so i got my car back with a little strach thinking he hit a bump other then that it's all good..

37. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

If he's missing gears I wouldnt even let him touch the car. Didnt your friend blow your last tranny up? I can count on one hand the people including family members that have driven my car, I'm just really picky.

38. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Hell yeah!

39. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

agreed, theres always more to the story than is stated

40. Like the fact that no insurance is not an arrestable offense........

What were you really arrested for?

41. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

ditto.

42. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

We'll probably see some naked man screaming "I HAD CONSENT!! I HAD CONSENT!!!" dragged out of a wrx in the next episode of cops.

43. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

44. blink

blink Member

winner of the most confusing thread.

45. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

where is Shady?....he's the only one who can clear this up

46. +1

My head is the hurts

:rofl:

47. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

could not had said it better myself, i'm interested in hearing the whole story

48. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

yeah, .223 brass aint cheap ya know!

+1 for confusing thread.
    in fact we need a section called WTF?! and make it sticky in there.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  49. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Haha, Confusion.... What Is Going On With This? WTF?

I Agree That We Need A WTF Section For Strange Posts Like This...

:bump: For The Rest Of The Story

--
    Brian

50. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

bumpanated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.