help with new pc

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jt money, May 3, 2006.

1. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

well i got a new pc recently. im having a weird problem. when i go to look at videos people post if its wmp it wont play it askes for the plugin. so when i try to install it it doesnt find anything to install. so i go manual and it takes me to the wmp on microsofts websight. ive gone into the wpm options and made sure it was set to play all the files it listed. but i still have the same problem anyone know how to fix this. i wanna see people damn near causing accedents running red lights and snakes throwing up hippos too!

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i'll ask amol to chime in

3. jt money

cool thanks

4. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

sounds like an ID 10 T problem :)

5. jt money

idiot is my problem your right.

6. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

So it's not a media player thing? Maybe you could just set another player as your default player.

Or not, whichever.

7. jt money

im thinking thats my problem. i think that realplayer is set to be the defualt. how and where do i change this setting?

8. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

get quicktime player and to change ur default player go to set program access and defult setting it will be in ur start menu..

9. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Maybe in the control panel.

Or you might be able to just run something in WMP and see if it asks you to set it as the default.

10. jayj713

jayj713 Member

and uninstall real player ;)

11. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea..real player sucks! way too intrusive

12. longfury

longfury Active Member

i have not used real player in years.

13. Demo24

Demo24 Member

if it's a divx video then go download either the plugin or the media player. I like Divx player so it's probably worth it.

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

What I would recommend is that you go and grab the K-lite codec pack, its like 20-30mb or so of video codecs.

15. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

For your default player. Goto Control panel and then Add Remove programs. Next look on the left side and click on Set program access / defaults :)

16. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Real Player's scheduler program magically ran itself on my PC and ate up all the CPU, putting the CPU usage at 100% and making the computer operate like crap. DEFINATELY uninstall Real Player.

17. jt money

uninstalled realplayer, downloaded klite full, and made wmp the defualt i still get the uninstalled plugin thingy.

18. jt money

turns out its only on mozilla it not working. so i reinstalled it and it works now. thanks for all the help fellas.

19. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

lol, yay.