Helpppp please?

Discussion in 'Peanut Gallery' started by ohmypearls, Apr 13, 2009.

1. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

So due to some bs scheduling and someone that is a friend of someone I need to look for a new job because the office manager is cutting my hours and they cant work around my schedule. So if anyone knows anyone hiring or looking for a receptionist/data entry clerk etc; let me know. I've got great references :sx:

2. FACE

FACE Active Member

you may try a temp agency. Good luck finding a job. :)

3. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Welcome to the recession. A great time to be a full-time student! :cool:

4. gfred024

gfred024 Member

Its not looking good for college grads either:wtc:

5. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

right... dude this blows. The office manager really screwed both of us part time girls going to school over and doesn't seem to feel bad in the least. And theres nothing any of the other managers can do about it =[

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Tell me about it. I've been a grad for 6 months now and still only work parttime at Fry's. My student loan is due next month and if I don't find something fast I'm enlisting in the military

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

Yes Sparta will be editing Predator video for Obama and the Joint Chiefs after boot camp.

8. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Peanut Gallery? not many jobs in here.. Gl though..I had to cut a position in my office.... :(

9. FACE

FACE Active Member

Yeah I think its pathetic that at my job they have let several people go that we needed and now we are doing more with less people...Corp. America sucks

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

They may be tired of trying to work around your schedule. I have been in retail and retail management long enough to know that instead of just out right firing employees you have a problem with or need to get rid of its usually easier to start with taking away hours or rearranging their schedules so they get pissed and quit. It is always easier and a lot less paperwork when someone quits versus having to fire them or lay them off

11. How far are you willing to travel? do you need to stay close to kennesaw?

12. SYKOTEK7

SYKOTEK7 New Member

Rick Hendrick Chevrolet in buford is opening up May 4 and they need alot of people.

13. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

It's not looking good for graduate students either... It's really awesome that I'm still jobless and now an additional $30K in debt. :wtc:

14. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

with Val moving into sales I wonder if Topspeed needs someone?

15. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

good news.. the general manager talked to the office manager and told her to work things out so the both of us don't have to find a new job =]. mwf still on yayy

good luck to anyone who still is looking :sx: