Hey there

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mavisky, May 18, 2012.

1. mavisky

mavisky New Member

New to Atlanta from NE Indiana. Wife's on her 3rd Subaru, I've yet to give in to one. Looking for some stock 08+ sti takeoff struts and springs soon for hers to let us know if you've got them.

Current cars.

Wife's - 2010 Forester XT with some SPT goodies
    [​IMG]

Wife's former Outback
    [​IMG]

My Daily - 2011 CR-Z EX 6 speed with Navi
    [​IMG]

My Toy/project - 95 GT - H/C/I, Gears, suspension, long tubes and full exhaust, and a few exterior mods
    [​IMG]

My Former project car
    [​IMG]

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

welcome to the site

3. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

welcome! love that former project DSM!

4. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

welcome!

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome! Some good looking cars there!

6. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Welcome!

Give AllPro Subaru a call when you're ready for those struts and springs.

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Welcome! Love the Mustang... I miss my 93 GT...

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

welcome, i DONT miss my 92 GT

9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ Why not... Don't think I've ever had a car that was more fun. The STI I had would dominate the Mustang in every way, but the Mustang was just a blast to drive.

10. Texsun

Texsun Member

Welcome!

probably because the rear wheel drive and had the throaty v8 sound...

11. mavisky

mavisky New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. The Mustang is fun but it really shows it's age compared to the CR-Z. The seats and steering feel are so vastly different between the two that i'm now determined to get the Mustang to keep up with the Z in those two categories.

Is AllPro Subaru a dealership or an aftermarket vendor?

12. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

an honest pretty darn good local shop

13. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

FYI, the 08+ front stock struts will not fit on the Forester, the rears fit perfectly but would require a half inch spacer to lift it for proper looks. I had to modify the stock front shocks heavily to make it fit. Had to drill new bolt holes for the hub and use spacers to fill the gaps. This is for the housing and not the top hats. It would almost look like you'd need WRX front struts to make it fit properly. I'd suggest getting WRX Koni or tokico for shocks and you can use the stock STi 08'+ springs to make it ride comfy and the lowered look. Stock STi shocks are a bit harsh for the forester.

Hmmm, me likey the DSM cause I love my IX right now. :)

14. mavisky

mavisky New Member

I've been following this thread:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f70/08-sti-struts-09-fxt-65674/

Not sure exactly which route we would go but the bolt on nature of the sti suspension (minus the re-opening of the front holes) was looking like the way to go. Was looking at some used take-off's for around the $300-500 mark for all four corners as a cheap alternative to it's sky-high stance right now.

15. Texsun

Texsun Member

16. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

That's exactly what I had to do. It's a bit stiffer and looks great. It just doesn't ride that soft anymore. I'll probably get WRX koni or tokicos later. KYB seem to suck at building their shocks. It's too bad the Bilsteins are a bit over priced for a wrx or else I would have bought a set.

17. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

agree. my 89 5.0L w/ exhaust, heads, intake, cam, headers and 3.73 gear....not the fastest car on the road but it was a blast to drive and i could turn the tires over so easy...Such a fun car!

Joe

18. mavisky

mavisky New Member

See i've got about the same on my car but these Falken's are sticky enough you have to want to spin them to get them too. Ordering my 275/315 setup this week though. Car has a tune from Kurgan Motorsports who's in the complex near Road Atlanta, but it's just a e-mailed generic chip tune, need to get it in there to have him really dial it in, but kind of want to wait until I put a blower on it first.