Hi everyone Im new here on the forums so help me out

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JDM Legacy STI, Aug 31, 2012.

1. JDM Legacy STI

JDM Legacy STI New Member

I just purchased an 06 legacy spec b 3 months ago and of course stock they only come with 250 awhp and 250 wtq I will only have 3k to budget any suggestions on what I can add to make it a lot faster??? Plus when your new can u post any pics??

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to the community!

Learn how your car handles first, then gradually put power to it. Build the suspension handling and go from there.

3. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Welcome.
    New suspension and a Cobb AP would by my first mods if I was in your shoes.

4. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Welcome to the site!

Don't listen to these old farts, you can always use MOAR POWER!!

Seriously, you bought this new and you're sure you want to void the warranty? I voided mine at 6k miles from new and it turned into a money pit. I would suggest learning and liking the car as it is now, save your money.

A year down the road, do Stage2 or a larger turbo and get TopSpeed to hook you up with a start to finish product. It will cost you but you will have saved some money for it.

5. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Its an 06, I wonder if it still has any warranty

6. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Well since it's used, how many miles does it have? How is the engine, tranny, turbo, clutch, etc.?

If all that is great, then go stage two.

Downpipe + catback
    Cobb AP
    Bigger Intercooler
    Pro Tune

I think you can do that under $3k. Anyone know if a 06 Legacy GT needs a different uppipe?

Maybe I'll have Will come in here and chime in with helpful tips.

7. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

save your 3k

8. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

His tip will be to not mod it :rofl:

9. Al.SpecB

Al.SpecB Member

Im with most of these guys,just do a stage two and learn to drive it. Save up for when the motor goes out or you get bored of the stg2 to biuld. I personally love the Spec B. I got an 07 and the engine lost a piston. So since that happen..I went the an old motto.. GO BIG or GO HOME. So Its being biult to hold some power.

10. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

Hindsight is 20/20 :D I've had 4 different exhausts on my 05 LGT and 3 clutches. I should have driven a few other people's cars before I did some of the changes I did.

The uppipe was different in 05 than the wrx at the time but widely available, especially now. If i could go back in time, I would do the downpipe, turbo, and uppipe at the same time and save myself a lot of time and money. People say to do it in stages so you appreciate the change but I'd do packages of stages like above or you'll spend your time playing catch up with the piece you didn't upgrade. Or just go buy some apple stock and hope it goes to 900 a share ;)

11. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Man, where did you find an STi Spec B Legacy?!? :squint:

Do you have an 06 or an 07? I am confused as your post says you have an 06 and your avatar section says 07. There is a big difference in the 06 has a 5-speed and the 07 has the 6-speed. I also think the 06 has a cat in the up pipe that should be removed ASAP. There is also lots of people that think you should remove the banjo bolt filters from your turbo oil line, but that is up to you.

If you really want to blow all $3k, I would do:

1. Cobb AP (or some equivalent Open-source tuning device)
    2. Downpipe (up Pipe if your car has a catted one).
    3. Upgraded Intercooler.
    4. Turbo Blanket and wrap for the downpipe.
    5. Protune from a reputable tuner.
    6. Upgraded clutch.

That basically gives you a solid Stage 2 car. If you want to upgrade the turbo, you would probably be above your $3k limit. Really your only options for different turbos with the stock stock fueling system is a small BNR turbo or a VF52. You could also throw an exhaust in there if you want, but your $/HP is marginal at these power levels (but you get the cool boxer rumble).

Do you know how well maintained this car was? You need to be really good about your oil change interval and make sure to never let the oil get low. Having a little rainy day fund for these cars is never a bad thing.

Your best option is to do a bunch of research here, because they have all the answers you want and more:
    http://legacygt.com/forums/

12. JDM Legacy STI

Thanks to everyone's post sorry I'm so late for the replies but no it's an 06 its used and I heard topspeed are crooks had a friend work there and they didn't even take care of him that well was thinking I should just go to forged performance

13. JDM Legacy STI

Lol aw man I had a friend that owns this dealership he bought it from the original owner and it was very maintained lol it's an 06 I will fix that I wish it was an 07 but it lives at Subaru of Gwinnett I keep the services up and yes I know these turo cars burn through oil had a 95 supra and did the same. I recently raced a guy with and 08-09 Sri hatch blue with gold rims I think he was pushing 350 awhp mine was stock 250 I couldnt believe how wheel my car didn't let him pull hard away from me like I expected I wish I can find him on the forum but don't know his name he is the reason I signed up here. But man I didn't know anyone else out here got a legacy beer see them on the streets you got a number u wanna exchanged? I wanna see what all you done to yours and u can help me out I'm about to get a new paint job and consider the things u told me I need wheels bad my tein d type springs come in today

14. JDM Legacy STI

LMAO good one:rofl:

15. JDM Legacy STI

Oh yea I think I will be out there where does everybody meet at?

16. JDM Legacy STI

Dang man how that happen. Ill be pissed if i lose my car there are really nice cars tho i love it so much jdm stuff out there but way to rich for my pockets they sell an sti bodykit for it in japan just for the front bumper is $1000 not even including shipping I love japan and want to move there to get my r34 so bad but hate they give us the crappy cars and keep all the good ones there:argue:

17. JDM Legacy STI

lol i know right that apple share sound good to me. I know I dont have the money to do everything right now but some day after seeing a STI on subiepower tumblr with an 2jz in it I thought i'd seen it all. I want a damn RB26 in mine you know how crazy the crowd would go you at a meet and nobody knows whats under the hood and you start the car and there like wait thats not that ole rumble sound man I know I would. I seen one with an rb26 in it on youtube that sound from a subie sounds sick they should have put those engines in our cars

18. Al.SpecB

Al.SpecB Member

Well thats the down side of buying a used car with 83K miles on it. You dont know how it was driven and maintained. I am one who drives my car aggressively so maybe the contributied also to cracking a piston. But it all good. Go another month left till it will be back and running.

19. JDM Legacy STI

Hope to see you out soon post some pics of it. My tein springs just came in today. Now I'm about to run to my friends house to drop the car. I will take before and after pics to show you guys how it looks

20. Al.SpecB

Al.SpecB Member

21. JDM Legacy STI

Does anyone know how i can order parts from the k2gear website I translated it to english but dont know how to shop there. I hear a lot people with legacies saying they got parts from that site. They mainly make everything for our cars here is the link http://www.k2k2.jp/ help me out if you can

22. JDM Legacy STI

23. Al.SpecB

Al.SpecB Member

I have always checked out this site. The have some of K2Gear stuff on there. Its WAY easier to navigate and in ENGLISH!!. LOL....But Im looking at getting another front bumper and grill pretty soon...just to give it a bit of a diffrent look.

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partsl...car=141&middlesmall=2:8&maker=&VOLKEY=&page=1