Hids

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by bigb996, Dec 25, 2005.

1. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

hey guys im thinkin bout ordering these babies or some others....it says these should plug up with no problems.

http://www.xenondepot.com/product.php?product_id=27

or should i look for some others....btw yes im keeping stock headlights nad im going to reaim them. Im gonna get some projos or make somet later on.

any suggestions on where i can get some for a good price that will direct plug and play?

2. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

i've got sti balasts and bulbs from a totalled rear collision if you want them

3. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i wouldnt sugest putting HIDs in a stock reflector housing, not only does it blind people coming towards you, you arent really even getting a dispersion of light. its not worth it IMO, a set of projectors with halogens will have better output then HIDs in reflector housings.

Alex

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

if i remember correctly, i think it's illegal in some states too

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

agreed, +1

6. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

im getting A HID kit for my car, and it also comes with black housing headlights for my car, thats i think the best deal + they cost me abt 410 dollers. for both.. he he

7. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

well im gonna shop them for a while i am gonna see what all will be involved to buy yerrows....not sure what else i need other htan the balasts and bulbs?

8. Alex

Im not quite sure what you mean by that, but I am going to assume you meant that you are buying the proper housings that will project the light correctly.

9. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

well this is my question right here, i was installing satellite on a 2001 infiniti QX4 the suv and it has HIDS stock. Well when looking at the housing its just a reflective housing from the factory. It doesnt have projos except on the hi beams. So how is that any diff that our cars?

10. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

because infiniti spent the money to design a reflector that reflects the HID bulb pattern properly. the 04-05 sti's also use a reflector. all of those angles inside the bugeye housing were designed to reflect on 1 type of bulb, any other than stock will cause the pattern to be off, which is blinding to oncoming drivers and illegal in most places. if you dont want to spend the dough on a full HID set up then i would sugest just getting the silvania silverstars, they are the brightest halgones bulb you can get.

Alex

11. Spaceman

Spaceman Member

I have both a Bi Xenon Kit and a Fog Light Kit

I have been impressed by the light dispersion by the kit. It does not emit a wacky light pattern it is fairly close to the halogen pattern but brighter. I will get some pics of the pattern and also some straight on pics.

Here is the place where I purchased mine from.

I purchased the 6000 K BiXenon H4 Kit for my Headlights and the 6000 k H3 kit for my Fog lights. Both McCulloch Sets.

http://www.xenonpros.com/

12. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

k another question haha sorry guys....if i buy this STI hid set in this picture what else do i need for them to plug in my harness. this is everything that i get.

[​IMG]

13. Alex

I do believe that you wills till need the proper housings; however, you will be on step closer to your very own HIDs :bigthumb:

14. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

you will have to wire the ballasts into your existing wiring for your headlights. im sure you can find a wiring diagram for it on nasioc. you will also lose your ability to have highbeams.

15. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea high beams are gone, im thinkin im gonna do an a4 project. Take the projos from an audi and modify them in.