high flow cat

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by slug, Mar 13, 2005.

1. slug

slug Member

Hey i think my cat got messed up from a bad bump, either that or my ... o2 sensor is going bad... everytime i turn off my car i hear a rather loud rattle that comes from that area. i was wondering if any of yall have a ideas of whats wrong or a good place to take it too / find a new high flow cat. thanks

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

dealership is usually the first place i try... call scott at SOG... tell him ur with WRXatlanta:bigthumb:

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Crawl under your car and check that your exhaust is still hooked up to the hangers.

If you messed up your cat I dont think it would rattle when you turned the car off. If chunks of catalyst broke off inside the cat then you'd hear the rattling all the time, maybe its just more noticeable after you turn the car off. If you hurt the cat enough where it doesnt work right you'd probably get a CEL.

4. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

you might have bent the bug? If so not good.

5. slug

slug Member

well from getting underneath it i wasnt able to see anything lose, or bent, however when i banged on it i noticed it making the noise so my guess is that its the inner parts that are messed up but the only way to know that is to take the sob off, so with that said what shop do you guys go to??

6. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

<-------- MY GARAGE :D