Hogan's son in serious car wreck...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by schneid, Aug 27, 2007.

1. schneid

schneid Member

Hulk Hogan's son Nick Bollea was seriously injured Sunday night after his car careened off the road and struck a palm tree.

Bollea, who was featured with the rest of his family on the pro wrestler's VH1 reality show Hogan Knows Best, was driving his yellow Toyota Supra down a four-lane highway in downtown Clearwater, Fla., when the car's rear tires hit the raised median, police said. After fishtailing for several seconds, the car slammed into a 25-foot tall palm tree.

"His car inexplicably left the road," Clearwater Police spokesman Wayne Shelor tells PEOPLE, "and it was totally destroyed upon impact."

The cause of the crash is unknown, although police believe the car was traveling at a high rate of speed. "We don't know exactly what happened," says Shelor, "but we are investigating."

Bollea, 17, and his male passenger had to be extracted from the vehicle using the "jaws of life." They were placed on a Medivac helicopter where they were flown seven minutes to nearby Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg.

Bollea is in serious condition, while his passenger has been listed in critical condition.

Police alerted Hulk Hogan to the accident. According to a hospital source, the wrestler and his family are in a private waiting room as Bollea is being treated for "very serious, life-threatening" injuries. Hogan declined to address the media through a hospital spokesperson on Sunday evening, but plans to make a statement on Monday morning.

....:eek3:

2. schneid

schneid Member

^from people.com..there are stories on it everywhere though.

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

doesn't surprise me really. i mean it sucks, but honestly, didn't ever strike me as the sharpest knife in the drawer.

4. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

shame shame.... doesn't nick remember anything from the video his dad showed him on that one episode?? I believe the kids name was nick too.... Sometimes its the only way people can learn..I hope he pulls through w/ a full recovery..

5. schneid

schneid Member

yeah i agree...definitely sad, but watching him drift was like watching pinball

6. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Why is this in the peanut gallery?

7. Eco Auto Clean

yep.."hell honey I can't swim..so you know what I do?? I keep my ass out the pool"..sorry..gone in 60 seconds recall...lol

8. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

A crash is always a shame but I can guarantee he was driving stupidly fast and is lucky he didn't harm any other cars. He is a crap drifter too. Always pains me to see him wrecking expensive drift cars, learn to drift and crash in a pos not a fucking viper!

9. Eco Auto Clean

He's Nick Hogan....why mess up an 81 honda, "how dare you!" when you can wreck a viper...hows he gona be punished..not get to drive the supra for a week?..well before all this..you know what I mean

10. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

Here is the car

[​IMG]

11. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

that's insane.

12. schneid

schneid Member

whoops..good point. I didnt mean to impy it was funny...I made a newb mistake and didnt consider that I dont have to choose a subforum.

perhaps a mod can move to the main ot?

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

ouch....

14. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I hope he is OK, but no sympathy for him if he was driving like an idiot which he probably was.....putting other people's lives in danger....

Mark

15. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Not everybody with money can be a good racer. I agree with the sucking at drifting. I was crying when I had to watch him in the viper. At least he wasn't in a parking garage in a cavalier.

16. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I rode in that viper with Sam last year at Tunerfest. Too bad Hogan jr wrecked it. It hurts to see a sexy Supra like that in the wrong hands and totaled. Any nice car period

17. Jake

Jake Active Member

He better pray to everything holy that if he pulls through his buddy that was in the passenger seat does too. Otherwise he would be in a lot worse trouble than a slap on the wrist. I mean, imagine if that passenger dies....

18. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Thats terrible. Especially for the passenger. I hope both of them make it!

I smell a lawsuit either way.

19. Eco Auto Clean

< insert photo of Subaru billboard - air bags save lifes...all wheel drive saves air bags here >

20. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Nick is home now with a broken arm, ribs, and bruises. His passenger friend isn't expected to make it.......it's not going to turn out good for Nick.

22. caseyfoster

caseyfoster Member

Ricer hood

23. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

i wonder if he's parting out? with all jokes aside, i hope his passenger pulls through..dang.

24. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

you guys can talk smack, but i think this rests solely on nick.

Hulk took away his keys multiple times, and when he wanted to drift, he made him take stunt driving courses.

I'm all for going off on bad parenting, but just like good kids can come from bad homes, bad kids can come from good parenting.

How many other kids grow up around race teams and stupid-fast cars that don't make poor choices like this?

25. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Wow.

Looking a the picture reminds me of chances I took at his age that I wouldn't take now.

I can think of a few times when I could have maimed or killed others by the mistakes I made at his age. I bet many of us have pushed cars too far for city streets at least a few times in our driving careers, and just gotten really lucky.

26. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Yeah I can still picture in my head most of my really scary mistakes. Big difference was, I was not in a 400hp (thats a guess) Supra... I bet thats a lot of car for a 17 year old.

27. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I think his supra is about 700 hp to 900 hp. Its been in numerous magazines along with his dad's Green one.

And yea. I'm definately NOT as stupid as I used to be on the road. Too bad it got the best of him.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  28. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

the strange thing is....seeing them at meets and whatnot, Nick always seemed to have a cool head about stuff like this. I understand he's 17 and goes retarded every once in a while, but I know he knew that car inside and out.

29. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

accidents happen

30. Greg

Greg Active Member

^ I agree, I've met them both a few times as well, and he seemed mature about the whole street racing thing. He told me that it was built for "show and track only".

If that guy does die though, hes fucked. Plain and simple.

On the radio today, they said that the police said that he was racing a high end sports car upon impact.

31. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

yet, no charges have been filed....or have they by now? When I was reading up on it a few hours ago...

32. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

wouldn't doubt it down there

33. Greg

Greg Active Member

34. Greg

Greg Active Member

Anyone have an update on his friend? Last I heard, he wasn't expected to make it, and if that happens... Well, lets just hope that doesn't.