Holy smokes! 4EAT RS 600+ hp and tq

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CelticPride, May 18, 2012.

1. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

2. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

holy shit, almost 40psi and peak torque just above 4k. Nice setup, looks like it has a lot of usable power.

Very impressive build

3. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I saw that last night. Looks like BS to me. The only reason I can see if coming up that fast is if you have a trans brake.

4. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

they got nos spooling the turbo!!!!! jk but yeah thats pretty fucking fast.

5. slowwrx

So it spools like a DOM 1.5 and makes 600whp.....nope

I would say that dyno chart is from a standing start on the mustang dyno using the transbrake, which is only good for when you launch the car.

If it looks like magic and smells like magic...must be magic.

6. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Yeah it don't even sound like a 600hp car at WOT.

I asked him the question....lol.

7. slowwrx

This was the response

"The rpm was calculated in roller speed. The easiest way to understand it is by feel it will feel like the tq came in that early. Actual full boost is around 5500, but with the converter eating up the rpm, it will feel tht it boosted early. I was gonna change the print out so it shows speed on the bottom. It really doesnt change the numbers. Just the way one would read it."

What it really says is, if this was a manual car you would see full boost around 5500 rpms and peak torque slightly later. Which is exactly what one would expect from a turbo this size.

So there is no magic bullet, its not the end of the world, and no one has built a magical Subaru engine.

I'm not trying to take anything away from what they have done because it really is cool and different, you don't see many auto Subarus and you sure don't see them making 600hp.

8. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned