Home Alarm Companies?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GTscoob, Apr 3, 2006.

1. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

As some of you know my parents bought a house up here in Atlanta that me and a couple friends are fixing up for us to stay in for the next couple of years. My parents want an alarm system on the house (so do I since the street that we're on has a lot of break-ins).

Anybody have any experience with home alarms as far as which brands are best to deal with?

2. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I use Walton (same as the electric and gas companies); they're $16 or so a month and nice to deal with. Not sure what equipment I can recommend though since my house had an existing system when I bought it.

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Brinks? I really dont know much about home alarms other than the commericals they play on TV.

4. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

after you decide which company to go with, set your alarm off a week or 2 after. take note on how long it takes for them to call you and if they ask for a verification code. that's how you'll know if they're worth the money. they should have a time limit (60sec or less usually)

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

I worked for ADT for over 5 years and they have some really nice equipment. With that said they are certainly not the cheapest. they provide excellant customer service. I will pm you with a couple of questions and give you a quote of what they would charge you.

6. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Thanks Kris. I'm pretty sure my parents will pay top dollar for a good service, they're looking for stuff that will add resale value to the house.