Hood scoop Dilemazzzz

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by SonicBoom, Feb 15, 2005.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Hey guys,
    My STI hood scoop arrived today... It's not the one I wanted...It was suppossed to look like an 04' STI scoop to fit my 03'. They sent me a 03' JDM STI scoop. It's cool and everything, much bigger than stock and the Paint matches perfectly. But just not as obnoxious as I wanted.
    There were 2 serial numbers beside the part on Rallispec.com, I guess the pic was for an 04'.
    The dilemma is to keep it, or not to keep it...that is the question...

It is pretty f'n sweet, it's just not exactly what I wanted....
    Opinions guys?

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Milo's 04 Sti scoop came in for his 03. Why dont you wait to see his and then make up your mind. Mike and him should be putting it on today.

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yeah.... got it on and it looks SWEEEEEETTTT

bout to post some pics

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

31 views and no opinions? I'm leaning on keeping it but some help would be appretiatied....

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

did u see the pics of the 04 style on my car? that will give u an idea of how it would look on urs... i really like it so if it were me, i'd get the 04 style... but since u already have a bigger scoop in hand and u like it anyway, the decision is totally upto u

6. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I like the 02 STI scoop. It looks good without being big enough to worry about swallowing low flying birds.

Will Rallispec let you return it?

7. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Sorry to hear about your troubles man. Yeah I really like the way milo's turned out. I think I might have to pick one up now. I would see if you can return it.

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Comparison....

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

more pics....

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

that actually does look pretty sweet

11. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

more...

12. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

scoop + hood damage shot

13. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

quick pic of Subi in Gatlinburg....4 wheel drift... sweet!

14. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Install was pretty easy, would've been easier with 2 people. Color matches perfect... Me likey!

P.S... didn't mean to imply I was drifting in that Gatlinburg pic... at that point I had just finished...My girl wasn't happy...

15. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

That looks really good.

16. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

yeah dude, looks tight!! :bigthumb:

17. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Milo's scoop looks great from the pics I saw, but I don't think it fits the lines of your hoop as well, Milo's Black Knight hides all the nice curves but you Sonic Yellow shows them much better. I think the Scoop you went with is the best choice for the curvy lines of your hood. Though I might just be saying those things out Milo's out of Jealousy.

18. miloman

miloman Retired Admin