Hoping to get a Subie soon

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ihavefat, Nov 14, 2013.

1. ihavefat

ihavefat Member

Hey guys. I met some of you at the Bi-weekly meet and it was nice meeting all of you. I've always wanted a Subie but couldn't find one at a decent price so I went with the stang. I've driven it almost two years and it's been a real pleasure.
    I know some of you guys might not approve, but I like all different kinds of cars and I like to find things to appreciate about them. The Coyote motor has never given me trouble and I drove the hell out of it. I am not really a straightline kind of guy and the newer stangs can really take a turn. I am coming from almost track-level upgraded suspension/285s all around summer tires/and 410+ rwhp with a few boltons and a dynotune. Here are some pictures:

When I first picked it up
    [​IMG]

The car was lowered and I went crazy with the plasti dip.(I bought the complete Ford Racing suspension kit so I was springs/struts/shocks/front and rear swaybars/strut tower brace)
    [​IMG]

New wheels and tires and took the horrible plasti dip off.
    [​IMG]

Powdercoated the wheels and exhaust tips. Got a chin spoiler. Retrofitted headlights. New grille. And at this point, I had just installed Longtube headers and offroad x pipe/cai/dyno tune
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got into an accident so I replaced the parts with GT500 Conversion/2013+ HID LED headlights/2013+ LED taillights/new wheels and tires/ stiffer struts and shocks and beefier strut mounts.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am sure there are a couple of things I missed but you get the idea. I probably won't go crazy with the Subie because the reason for switching is for practicality purposes and I want it as more of a DD than anything. I don't know, I like doing things myself and I like projects so I might do a couple of things...:p

Also I am a detailer so if any of you guys are interested in it, let me know. My facebook page is Joojoo Detailing:

https://www.facebook.com/JoojooDetailing

Here are a couple of pictures of the '12 650i Convertible Coupe I did last week:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

welcome, digging the orange wheels

3. nygiant

nygiant Member

welcome...nice stang for sure.

4. ihavefat

ihavefat Member

Thanks guys!

Haha yeah well I don't have them anymore. It's funny because there is a black v6 mustang near my neighborhood and I noticed he plasti dipped his stockers to Green. And I've heard from my friends there is a black mustang with plasti dipped orange wheels in kennesaw/marietta area as well. copycats haha!

5. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Nice car! I have been going back and forth about one of these or a newer sti.

Gonna sell it?

6. ihavefat

ihavefat Member

Yeap. I already put a ad on cg. I put a fair price on it because i want to sell it fast.

7. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

hey it was nice to meet you on tuesday, I will definitely admit the stang sure looks and sounded great. Good luck on your hunt for a subie, definitely try not to just jump the gun on one, and I hope it doesn't take you 6months or longer to find one you like, as it did for me :p

And stay out of ditches :D