House prices?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by emstraumajunke, Oct 4, 2005.

1. It seems to me that there are alot of houses in douglasville that are for sale and are kinda low priced or is that just cause im use to prices down here. Just curious. Anyone have any other ideas where i should look into buying a house cause ill be moving in about a month and im going to be looking to buy in about 2 or 3.Thanks

2. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

I guess the question is what part of town do you want to be in?

So many houses going up around the ATL its a zoo.

3. i want to be close to Atl due to ill be working there but i dont want to live in Atl. Im not much of a city person when it comes to living.

4. lostinthewoods

I suggest you start looking around and try to narrow down whether you want to be north south east or west of the city.

5. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i'm diggin' eastside. I live east of Decatur. Down North Deacure Rd. We're 7 miles from Little 5, and about 12 from east atlanta. my 2ยข.

6. lostinthewoods

The Wife and I are up north of atl in Cumming. We are not big into the city stuff, but still we are only like 20 miles away. Also about 30 miles from the mountains

7. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

houses hmmm

The housing market is going crazy right now. If your looking for a house in douglasville PM me, Ive got 55 of them off of Maroney Mill.

Matt

8. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Smyrna is a great place...lots of new homes going up, Cobb county taxes and 10-15 mins from downtown ATL. And it's home of the Silver Comet Trail...great for biking, walking, running, etc. :D

9. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

gwinnett is great(?)... :hs: thats what the water tower says when u drive by it on 85. further north u go, u get nice big houses for cheaper prices.

10. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Snellville..where everybody is somebody

11. Brian

Brian Active Member

Married? Kids? Commuting to work? Those factors led me to E Cobb. I've lived/worked in every part of Atlanta and have found benefits to each.

Westside is cheap and a relatively short commute to downtown.
    Northside is $$, but good for schools.
    Southside is cheap, but the jobs are downtown/northside.
    Eastside is ghetto w/ bad traffic, but is close to Stone Mountain. ;)

Gwinnett sucks unless you live & work in the far N Gwinnett. Have I missed anything?

12. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

its not that bad... :pssh:

13. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

gwinnett is ghetto....but lots of apartment living....not sure about the housing market

14. Gwinnett where i used to live on the river was really nice. Neely Farms is a great comunnity..houses are old but they seems to sell well. 300 to 500,000 or more...or less

15. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I agree :). Smyrna is awesome, still can get a house for a reasonable price. Actually my neighbor's house is for sale, it's $216K but it's been for sale for over a year and he is desperate to sell. I live five miles from the Atlanta city limits and two miles from 285. If you live in gwinett co, you'll be in for 20 min+ rides to downtown (not to bash gwinett, it is GREAT afterall :)) but if you are working in gwinett it would be best to live there.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  16. lostinthewoods

Forsyth county in the hizzzzy.. :)

17. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

well, i dont live in ghetto gwinnett. i use to though..
    man, just move to fulton/gwinnett. the norcross duluth alpharetta area. that area is freakin nice, but pricey.

18. Brian

Brian Active Member

Drive north on I-85 on a weekday morning. I always laughed when I saw the "gwinnett is great" sign then looked at all the poor saps stuck in traffic from I-285 all the way to Suwanee! I worked on Pleasant Hill and traffic was always crap.

Of course the 7 car pile up yesterday screwed my traffic up...

19. lostinthewoods

One thing nice about living a little north in cumming or even alpharetta is marta. Makes the commute a little more tollerable specially when you are going by all the traffic :)

20. Ill be heading up there here in about 2 weeks to look around and see about the job up there. So im gonna ride around and have a look to see what area ill like the most.. Now if i could just get the tranny in and car running.