How to beat emissions?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by theish05, May 16, 2008.

1. theish05

theish05 New Member

yo whats up not really sure if this is in the best area but here we go. ok ill tell you the plans.. i have a 3" turbo back catless and an up pipe catless. (haven't put it on yet working on time) looking to by an accessport. and get it tuned. i know it clears CEL codes but does that fool the emissions people? I just moved here so im not sure how thay do this testing. I know after 95 they just plug it up to obd2 plugs and run the software. Ok so i guess my question is, with what i already have, how do i beat the stupid emissions? (without bribes preferably:sx:) thanks for the help!

2. techlord

techlord Active Member

slap on all the mods you want BUY that AP go get a tune from Siegel or Doug and there are no issues with emissions.

3. WJM

WJM Banned

There is no fooling. Its either outsmart it or fail.

Software wise it can be made to pass the OBD inspection system. Thats no problem.

However, if the inspector does their job CORRECTLY, your car will fail the visual inspection. Period.

So...step 1 is to modifiy the ECU such that you have no problems 'passing emissions' software wise.

Step 2 is to find a lazy inspection station.

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

Why not have at least a high flow cat on a street car? Being a little green won't hurt...

5. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

No one does the visual inspection...

Matt

6. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

...expensive, i got my whole turboback/uppipe for 300 bucks catless. I imagine a proper DP with a cat is 300+?

7. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

Keep it to PMs for his job security. PM me for a hookup in McDonough.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2008
  8. theish05

theish05 New Member

thanks for the help guys, i was a little worried but i feel better now. i got the whole turbo back for 250 so thats why im rolling with the unnecessary open exhaust. (plus it will kick ass) thanks agian!

9. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

walton county
    /thread

10. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Can you register your car in a county other than where you live? Because yeah, walton county has no emissions.

11. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

no ,you cant

12. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

get a Walton County PO Box have couple of your bank statements sent there and you should be good to go.

13. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Is this entirely legal?

14. WJM

WJM Banned

Of course not.

But how many people do this vs how many people get fined/ticket'd/caught doing this....

every other person to zero pretty much.

15. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

haha, good old loganville...my first car ran a straight pipe from the headers until the noise finally got on my nerves...

I also noticed the tag was a little cheaper out there, too...not sure if there was some tax passed when I moved to the city or not, but it was a little more costly this past year

16. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I passed emissions again for the second time. If you live downtown, etc, I recommend the place next door to Mieneke on Hemphill and 14th. Nice laid back staff.

Always love how the printout states "Catalytic Converter: Present" :D