how to kill ants in a car?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by scoobaru, Sep 24, 2008.

1. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Well my gf's sister has ants in the interior of her tahoe. They are in the door jams, carpet, who knows where else. How do i get rid of these fawkers? Would a bug fogger be safe in a car? Thinking about getting some of those little ant bait things. Any other ideas?

2. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

ant baits would probably work..vacuum the crap outta the tahoe first.. same thing happened in the accord....once they can't find any more food they'll probably bah

3. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

no dont use a bug fogger not safe...

get some ant traps...

4. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

there's some sort of food in the car somewhere...find it and clean it out

5. WJM

WJM Banned

Bomb/Fog it and dont drive it for 24hrs after that. Then let air out for a few hours before driving.

THEN clean the shit out of it inside...

6. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I fogged a car I had in High School.
    1. Clean out the car. Get everything out of it before fogging.
    2. Fog the car and walk away. Leave the car alone for a few hours.
    3. Open doors and let it air out for a few hours.
    4. Vaccum and clean the crap out of the interior. All windows, door panels, carpet, dash, etc...

7. I used to pour gasoline on ant piles and light them on fire, but I don't think that will work well in your case.....

8. awu72

awu72 Member

i had to do this in the summer when a colony decided to move into the car after the rain. i used ant bait each night on the front windshield (so i could get the stuff off later). I used TERRO Ant Killer. Just drop a few drops along the path of the ants and keep on doing it for the next few days.

for me, after the first night, ant problem gone, but i've had it take as long as a week before for nests in front of the house.

you still have the problem of cleaning out the bodies.

9. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Believe it or not...get something that smells like citrus and put it in the car...ants don't like the smell and will leave. Been there and done that with my dad's truck and my wife's car. we seem to pick them up after parking at my dad's house under the oak trees. I think it was goo-gone that I used.

terro also works well

10. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

get some borax and sprinkle it into the carpet. I had a colony invade my house and this worked within 3 days. Cheap and easy. I doubt they made a nest... That's weird.

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Go to Taco Bell and eat. 15 mins later blast away and they will leave :)

12. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

A fogger is made to fill something like 1000 sq. ft. I would stick to traps or the borax.

13. WJM

WJM Banned

just dip the whole thing in molten steel. That should do the trick.

14. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

It's an American car. Aren't they a one time use type of a thing? Tell her just to pick up another one.