How to make your WRX slow

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moose, May 8, 2005.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Took the 2-wheeler out for a spin this afternoon, now my WRX feels like a Yugo. :crying:

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

2 wheeler? what a motorcycle?

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Ayup... 130+ hp of goodness! (And something like 90+ ft-lbs torque..)

It's really ridiculous, you can romp on the throttle in any gear and it tries to pull your arms out of your sockets. Beats most sportsbikes I've ridden since it has massive torque from idle-up. 0-100 in a little over six seconds. 0-60 in something like 2.9 if you can keep the front down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

lol, that'll do it
    craig

5. married05gt

married05gt starting over

Nice bike bro:bigthumb:

6. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

man that bike is beautiful!! if i wasnt scared of motorcycles i would buy one in a heartbeat!!

7. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Nice bike!!

I hope to someday own a crazy custom stretch chopper or maybe just a Harley or something but no sports bikes for me; I know I'd kill myself.

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Thanks for the compliments. :D I've spent quite a bit on time on it to get it to this point... short mod list: ignition timing advancer, 16 tooth front sprocket, stripping the painted wheels, custom bar end mirrors, Buell turnsignals, fender eliminator, custom Buell dual headlight setup, frame sliders and a few more bits'n'pieces.

And weapon... being slightly terrified every time you go riding is a GOOD thing! :bigthumb: (Keeps you alive...)

9. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

very nice bike moose!

it was a beautiful day to be out riding

-drums

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

nice bike bro...:bigthumb:

11. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

nice bike by the way....you should see Sam the tech @ sog's bike, its a turbo hibosa.....uh yea:rolleyes: :bowdown:

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

ive only seen harleys at sog

13. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Turbos are sweet.

In fact.... look to the right in the pic.
    http://www.beyondthematrix.com/newhorn.jpg

One day I'll do something with it... ;)

14. E-Mol

E-Mol Member

Yeah sure I'll do that. :bigthumb:

15. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

awesome bike, but i think i will stick to 4 wheels on the ground, unless they come equipped with training wheels:rolleyes:

16. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Not to wander too far off the point, but the hyabusas are just built for a straight line drag really, there isnt all that much to them. They dont handle that well, but sure are fast. :bigthumb: :cool: :D :bowdown:

17. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Now wait a minute here.. Hayabusas don't handle as well as, say, a GSXR or R6/R1, but they are pretty damn respectable considering their size/weight. Yeah, their forte is straight line speed, but I would by no means consider it a 'drag bike' only. Take one up to the mountains sometime and you'll see. :)

As for the ZRX, a bone stock ZRX1200R (stock tires) ran a 1:47.1 on the same track a race rubber shoed R1 ran 1:44.9

Fear the big bikes! :D

Busa pics attached...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I wasnt really discrediting it, but the majority of people who know little about bikes consider it to be the Godsend to the community; I just disagree.

But yes, you are correct. When I say they handled poorly, it is all respective to other bikes in the price range, not to the whole spectrum.

19. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Now THAT we can agree on. :bigthumb:

So many great bikes out there... Just look at the new ZX-10R, absolutely IN-SANE.

20. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I'd take a duc for corners, the torque gets you out so fast, but can also f you up just as fast

21. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

opposite for me
    after i get off my bike i feel a lot faster in the car
    my bike runs on Ricepower - Powered by RICE, Driven by ____