How you feel about v3 now vs when it was first released?

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & News' started by Alex, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Do we feel like there are areas which could be combined and reduce the overall number of categories / sub-cats. There are certain sections which rarely see traffic and I suppose could eventually be merged with others. I am just playing with some ideas and curious to hear what everyone has to say about things...

So V3 has been out for a while now, everyone's had their initial impressions, so now what do you have to say about things?

Cheers,
    Alex :wiggle:

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i like it

3. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

I like the look and interface of v3 much better, but like you said, there are areas where there will be little or no traffic for days. I don't know that the categories need to be combined perse' but if you took the miscellaneous section and combined all of those forums into one link to another page and then had the 8-10 subcategories there, it would make searching through the homepage much easier. Maybe reviews could be the same way. If you're looking for a review you know where to find it. Just a thought to make the first page easier to work with.

4. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

*ace ventura*
    i like it. i like it alot! :cool:

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

bah..i guess it will do ;)

6. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

it feels like people don't post as much overall because there are so many sub-categories. i don't get the down home all cuddly inside feeling anymore...

7. Alex

thats what I thought was sorta lacking...I may start combining cat's

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i think people dont post so much since the post count has been hidden

9. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

i sort of miss the old skins, we now look like ever other forum

10. Alex

I dunno, I thinkt he new skin allows us to really expand.