Huge thanks to Allpro and Drew

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by Sparta, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

So yesterday me and Jason (4touge) had a little mishap in the rain resulting in a pissed off guardrail and a bent tierod leaving us stranded 2 hrs away from home. After calls to Sok, sog, And subaru of roswell (mike and rick) with no luck other than getting one shipped in on monday i called Brandon up and he just happened to have one we needed. Drew drove all the way to Allpro from Kennesaw and picked it up and then drove it down to us, but for him the 2 hr trip turned into 4 thanks to the big rig pile up on 285.

Once he made it to us the whole install took about 15 minutes and we were back on the road.

Big thanks to Allpro for providing what we needed and drew for spending his whole day on the rd to help us out.

EDIT: and thanks to King for lending us the specialty tool to get the job done

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  2. Jake

Jake Active Member

this is jasons car? GREAT.

3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Thanks for your input jake

4. jason

jason Member

Thanks Dana for posting this up. And YES, a big thanks to you guys.

5. Jake

Jake Active Member

glad to contribute anyway i can.

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I guess I should mention this happened pulling off of the exit to Little Talladega. We finished putting it on in time for Jason to make it to the track and run 5 laps before closing with a broken front end link, still managing to run a faster time than the Lotus and GTR there.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  7. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

congrats?

:p

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

:fawk: just wouldnt want anyone to think this happened on a mountain run or anything like that:coolugh:

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

so was the endlink the cause behind the tie-rod?

10. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

No, the curb was the cause of both. Inner tie rod bent into a perfect 90* bend and i assume it broke the endlink in the process

11. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

went under a bridge, went from wet - dry - wet while typhoon bob was rolling through...caused a 5mph impact with a guardrail, only the tie rod / front end link were damaged. Was a quick 15 minute fix then the car was rolling

12. b reel

b reel Active Member

glad to hear of an eight year old car going out on a track day, have better lap times, and make it home without using a trailer. Funny part is driver error before getting to the track, dumbass