Hurricane watch issued for FL

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ShaneSTI, Aug 27, 2006.

1. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yet another hurricane is brewing to our south. i'm sure some of ya'll have seen the news. jeb bush has already ordered an evacuation for the tourist. i hope it just stirs to the NE and entirely miss FL and the gulf. we'll see i guess.
    also, put a prayer in tonight for the family and friends that have sadly lossed their loved ones on that plane that was taking off from Lexington, Ky inbound to Atlanta.

2. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

That was a horrible plane crash. My prayers are with the family's also. I hope the storm fizzles out too.

Mark

3. My prayers to those in the crash...

Atleast the hurrican is only a cat 1 for now.

4. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

Atleast the hurrican is only a cat 1 for now.[/QUOTE]

yeah for now...but watch and see this thing intensify more.:(

5. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Scary stuff. And to think, Katrina hit one year ago tomorrow. Crazy.

6. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

well its a ts right now after being by cuba. man i hope it goes by. im going to florida this weekend.

7. MarkM2016GTI

I hope that this dies down soon...

Mark

8. Doesn't this mark the first time a state of emergency has been called for a tropical storm BEFORE it becomes a hurricane? People are jumpy after katrina.

Personally I dont think thats a good precedent. Never cry wolf?

9. MarkM2016GTI

I guess that it is always better to be safe than sorry...although many people will probably stay put anyways...I would leave if I was told..in a heartbeat...

Mark

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Tropical Storm Ernesto?

11. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  12. blink

blink Member

bah thats not a hurricane.. its a sorry excuse for one, anything below cat 3 is partytime.. and as of now, its going off into the atlantic, too bad, I'm hoping one day that florida gets wiped off the map.

13. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

lol...what a nice thing to say. yeah where i was stationed for 2 yrs in Guam...its bbq time for them anything that's not a super typhoon.lol