I am not proud to be from Atlanta right now.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Sex tourism thriving in Bible Belt
    "People are stunned that Atlanta's the No. 1 sex center in the country," said Steinberg.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060404/us_nm/crime_sextourism_dc

I should say that in general, this just lowers my thoughts on humanity sometimes. This could and does happen everywhere. I thought this thread title would get the most attention possible though. Its just digusting what people do.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2006
  2. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

That's just sad, very sad.:( Dang it Alex, I did NOT wanna see this before I move there.lol I guess you can't ignore reality huh. Twisted world out there.

3. flip

flip Member

That is really horrible... Bad things like this happen in a lot of places its just not all of the time that it gets discovered and we hear about it...

4. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Thats pretty sad but a 16 year old knows what they are doing at that age its all about the $ they "think" the gonna get. See what happens when you don't talk to and spank your kids.

5. jayj713

jayj713 Member

wow. that's just sick.

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

wow... sometimes its hard for me to believe that shit like this actually happens

7. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

its a sad world sometimes.

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Between this and McKinney beating up on the DC police we're not looking really good right now :p

9. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

disgusting and very sick.

10. Goose013

Goose013 Member

that had been in the news as of late....kind of disturbing and sad. They say Atlanta is one of the easiest places to get a call girl, but had no idea the age of the girls was so young.

11. Deke

Deke Active Member

thank god I'm neither a prostitute, nor a "John."

Although I am sometimes a man whore...

12. Hmm not a real surprise to me considering what i hear going around my school. Ohh Christain private school must have innocent good going little boys and girls. No way.

Reminds me of a rumor i might have heard....some people were gonna get some hookers for prom or what not.

13. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

never realized it was so serious here in atlanta. thats a rediculous thing that is very easily overlooked.

this stat is incredible.
    Up to 90 percent of runaways are believed to end up as prostitutes, with a third lured into prostitution within 48 hours.

and then it also mentioned that they could average 17 clients a night! good lord!

14. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

it's not overlooked, it's ignored...
    because it is not a platform issue(feel good stuff that has an easy partyline fix),
    nor money issue(people who have money don't like it enough to cause a stink, and on the contrary would cost taxpayers-especially well-ff ones a shit-ton to fix right).

Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  15. soobaroo227

soobaroo227 Member

But how do you know she started at the age of 16? For all we know, she could have been forced to start this at 12 and is still being forced to do it.

16. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

That's really sad to hear. I knew Atlanta had a little stigma as being "Hotlanta" but I didnt realize that it was such a large enterprise.

17. Demo24

Demo24 Member

interesting, had no idea that went on down there

18. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

^ so true. i just dont belive sometimes that this kind of stuff happens, especially so close to home.
    im shocked.

19. stlth664

stlth664 Supporting Member

That is unbelieveable!! It's like they might as well set up a concert stand with a price tag over their heads :(

:shakes head:

On a positive side, the article did say "Atlanta has won two new federal grants to establish units to fight the trafficking of underage sex slaves and to hire more undercover detectives, said Carole Morgan, director of the North Central Georgia Law Enforcement Academy."

20. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

wow, I had no idea. it's a messed up world sometimes, but thats pretty messed up yo..

21. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

that expression is more to do with the heat and humidity

but ya could be taken easily wrong

I"m very disgusted that things have become so stoic that this happens and we have no idea as a general population until the news says something.

22. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I always heard it when talking about the strip clubs and nightlife of Atlanta. Not to mention all of the Inserrection/Starship Enterprises/_____ sex shop on every corner here in town.

23. blink

blink Member

it has nothing to do with the weather.. from wikipedia

"To be sure, contrary to the perception of many visitors, the oft-heard nickname "Hotlanta" is a reflection primarily of the area's prosperity and dominant status within the South, rather than of high temperatures."

also Tampa?! wtf.. one of the last cities i would have expected, but then again a lot of strip joints in tampa.. but florida sucks, cause they wear pasties.

24. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

"Pimps up, Hoes down" :bigthumb: :barf:

25. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I am about ready to move outta here....LOL...

Mark

26. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Holy Old thread revival Mark! Just kidding...

I couldn't get the link to work. :(