I/C Brackets

Discussion in 'Subaru of Gwinnett PD' started by bluelinescooby, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Scott,

How much would it run me to get a set of USDM STi TMIC (that's a lot of acronyms :) ) brackets? I just picked up an I/C from moose and am going down the list of ways to make it fit into my 05 WRX.

Thanks!
    Daniel

2. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I'm not Scott, but the IC brackets are the same for the STi as for the WRX. It actually sits farther back in the engine bay on the STi.

Off the top of my head, the options for doing it properly is to use the stock brackets and letting it sit back a bit, then use the v8 STi seal... or relocate it with a couple homemade brackets and letting it sit in the stock WRX IC position, using a v7 STi seal.

You can definitely *make* it fit otherwise, but I think that'll be closest to a factory fit.

3. Ah, I see what you're saying..... I looked around a little bit on ScoobyMods and NASIOC and came up with the same options, but I guess I misread or misunderstood it. I knew the IC sits further back in the STi cuz of the electronic throttle, but I kinda got the impression that the brackets were different.

And now that you mention it, I remember you telling me the exact same thing in your driveway. :slap:

Thanks for bringing that back up, I think I got it worked out now. :D

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

So which approach are you taking?

5. I think I'm gonna leave the brackets like they are and let the IC sit back..... IIRC, it's only about 17mm...... I'll give it a shot and see how it works..... I've got a little while before my turbo comes back from Deadbolt :)

6. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Since you have the longer hoses I bet you won't have a problem with it. Just make sure you cover the a/c lines in something where they are close to the I/C so you won't end up with a hole in one.

You might be able to wrestle/mod the stock seal to fit perfectly on it with some effort, or I think the USDM STi seal can be made to fit. Big Sky WRX wrote a bunch about it on NASIOC, might be worth looking at his research. Or you could go all out with STi scoop/splitter/seal.

7. That's what I think I'm gonna do..... Although I'll check for BigSky's posts too..... I may've looked at them already, I can't remember....