I don't wanna...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by yardhippie, May 2, 2008.

1. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

Well after the wreck, the insurance company has moved faster than than a 500hp STI on the Autobahn.
    The rental has to go back tomorrow, and we're supposed to have check in had by Saturday. Although, Im not really sure how they can be sure about that. :squint:

What's all that mean. I have to shop, research, and buy a daily driver car for the wife in the next week or so. I'm out of town for part of next week so that's no big deal. Once Im home though, ugh. We have enough activities outside of work that we really have to have two cars.

I hate buying cars, at least when Im forced to. Usually I just walk in, point at the one I want, sign some paperwork, and drive away. :wtc: Well I could, but thats just bad money managment. Funny how the credit companys will still just keep giving you money, even with the economy like it is. :fawk:

I've got a line on a nice Outback Limited, a couple Hondas, and even Supra! Damn I hate having such a short timeline. Usually I like to shop for a while to sort through all the ones ragged the hell out and patched together.

2. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

You could always keep the rental a bit longer while you shop. I agree - don't rush.

3. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Car shopping when you HAVE to really sucks. Are you looking at buying from a private owner or off a dealership lot?

4. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

Really looking at both private and dealers. For our current budget (4-5k) it's a struggle. like I said I could walk on a lot and drive away with a new car, but thats just one more payment we dont need right now. So were just buying outright.
    Im keeping an eye on a few forums b/c a lot of times those folks take good care of their cars, even if they take a beating.
    then Im looking everywhere else I can think of.

The Outback we're looking has a clear carfax (step one). he says its got all the maintenence done too, and has the records (step two), now its a matter if the wife likes it or not.

Keepin the rental really isnt an option cuz that eats up the budget for the car. :wtc:

5. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

liquid force has that SVX for sale..

6. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

ive talked to him about it. I'd have to give the Foz to the wife and drive the SVX. It needs just a bit of TLC and I dont have the time or location to do it right. A car like that deserves proper care. If I had a garage and few more tools I would have already bought it. In fact, its still on the table, just not right up front. :hsugh:

It would be a sehxy ride...

7. FACE

FACE Active Member

good luck with the search my friend... Hopfully she will like the outback :naughty: