I freaking hate HAIL!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cool_____, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It just POURED hail a few minutes ago. It was hailing so bad you could not see two feet in front of you. Many marble size with an occasional golf ball size hail was falling. I was at my buddies house and while he was putting his bugeye under the porch I was driving through his yard trying to make it to the shed but it was too full. I turned around and I couldn't see due to the heavy hail and rain and then I heard it......CRUNCH.....RIIIPP....POP. There went my Chargespeed V1 front lip that I loved ripped in two shredded pieces. I just had it fixed and painted a month and a half ago and now it's ruined.

So for those that have seen my car....how you think the same lip will look only in Carbon Fiber? It's cheaper to get the CF Seibon knockoff than the real CS fiberglass lip.

Man I'm depressed....:wtc:

On the good side we were able to cover the car with blankets in time before it got REALLY bad and I don't see any dents. We'll see tomorrow.

2. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

damn dude that sucks!

i think the CF lip would look sweet.

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Since the CS lip covers part of the bumper, i think it would look better painted...

sorry to hear about the crap that happened... so no more damage besdies the lip?

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Hmm, I had the rav spec cf lip "s203 look" and the weave was pretty terrible. I havent seen any of seibon's knock off products though but I would imagine they would look good.

Good luck!

5. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

i hope not.. maybe ur windsheild has a new crack u didn't seE?

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

no need to jinx him man

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Please don't. The hail was pretty soft. As soon as it hit the ground it flattened. Was mushy feeling so that was good. Most of Siebon's stuff seems to be good. It cheap and if it doesn't look right I will paint it and it'll still be cheaper than the real one.

Other than a few bent fins on the FMIC no other damage. We'll access the hail damage tomorrow but I just walked out and looked in the light and didn't see anything obvious. Maybe I got lucky.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  8. Alex

Yeah, Siebon's real deal CF is impressive. Keep us updated!

9. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

gotta love fiberglass

10. Alex

is this it?

[​IMG]

11. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

i'm planing to have them on my car as well.. well sorry for been a little funny but i'm in a good funny mood..

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Nope it is the CS style.
    [​IMG]

However I do like this one better. CW style.
    [​IMG]

The one Alex posted is the GD style.

So help me guys....which one for the White Beast?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  13. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

i like the 2nd one

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Which style is that? The CW style?

15. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Ugh, hail. I had the car for like two weeks before I got hailed on. Looked fine in the dark when I went out with the flashlight, but next morning I found something like 40-50 dents in it. Hopefully you fared better.

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

The more and more I look at the one Alex posted the more I like it. It wouldn't be too much CF.

17. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

GD might work in CF... but CS widens up the front end a little and makes it lok oh so sweet... personally, i'd do CS and paint

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

The master has spoken. I simply loved my CS lip so I'll be getting the CS lip. At the price Sakari just gave me it is just as much to get this and paint it as it would be to buy the real deal which is no different.

19. Alex

+1 for CS

20. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

good choice... i was thinking of doing the CS lip if i still had the bugeye... in my opinion, the CS lip looks better than the CS replacement bumper cover since the side vents on the lip are HUMONGOUS :D

21. Alex

The one I posted is my prefernce. Its the leasy busy, but still classy.

22. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I like the cw style myself. Do ya think that would that fit on a wagon?

23. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

well i have the cw style front grill CF, abt to put this baby on and will color it since it now has a crack on left side conner thanks to my younger brother, so i will get a cw style front lip, side, and back.

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well only 2 minimal dents that you can only see when you are eyelevel with the hood and the light hits it just right. I got lucky for the most part (minus the lip).

25. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thats good to hear knowing that it could have been a lot worse

26. Alex

Plus you have white, its harder to see the dents on the color ;)

27. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yep. Now I can't find the lip I want! Everything is on backorder for like a month!