I got selected for jury duty T_T

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jayj713, Aug 31, 2006.

1. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Turned 18 like 4 months ago and my mom just told me i got selected for jury duty -_-. Have to go on the 19th, do i get paid or anything lol.

2. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

dude you got screwed haha....however if you've never experienced court first hand it will be a good experience for ya. You do get paid but not a whole lot.

3. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

it all depends on the county, i did jury duty in dekalb and got a wonderful 15 dollars for my days work.

4. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

never done jury duty...and I'm like 27...? almost did once in NY but my number never got called

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

I've gotten summoned twice since I turned 18. However I got out of serving because I go to school 150 miles away from where I live :) Honestly, I wouldn't mind serving, seems like it may be a beneficial experience.

6. mckenzietj

mckenzietj Member

I did jury duty a year or so ago but I was struck from 5 jury lists and never saw a case. I figured if I had to be there then I could at least see some cut-throat lawyer action!

7. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I am not a registered voter, so I don't have to worry about getting called for Jury Duty.

8. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

they prolly know better then to pick me for jury duty
    haha

9. jayj713

jayj713 Member

oh, i just looked at the sheet and it says im in the standby group, so i might not have to go.

10. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Well i was on standby group #14 and only #15 and 16 have to go. I'm actually a little bit disappointed because i wanted to see what it was like.

11. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

yeah i've always wanted to go as well

12. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I had to go right b4 Brian Nickols shot up the place but didn't get selected for a jury. I was there for about 4 hours and got a check for $25 and got paid for a full day at work and didn't even have to come in!!!!

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

You can also use school as an allaby I believe, ie you cannot attend due to prior obligations towards education.

14. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

if you have a job, then most jobs are required by law to pay you for the missed days as part of your civic obligation.