I gtechd my car.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by emstraumajunke, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Well i got bored and got a Gtech off ebay for 40$ new.
    Decided to use it today i ended up out of 5 runs 1st one 227 second 239 third 235 fouth 230 and fifth 234. So im figureing right around 230 AWHP not to bad if you ask me. Now i just need to get in my car drive to Top Speed and get a protune and see how much more they can squeze out of it.

2. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

What are your current mods?

3. Helix uppipe and turbo back(catless) Perrin IC hose kit Cobb stage 2 93 oct map.

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

0-60?

5. KingofSiam

KingofSiam Member

lol I thought you meant I "GTech'd my car" as in adding Georgia Tech stickers.

:rofl:

6. I couldnt remember what 60mph was in Kmh so i couldnt do that one i forgot my cheat sheet at home. Damn JDM guages.

7. NO NO NO NO...FSU fan here. Even though they pissed me off last tues

8. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

0-100 kph= 62 mph

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I thought it was Ga Tech at first as well. The Gtech is a cool little tool. Can you actually measure g-force w/ it ?

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im assuming its built using accelerometers to measure g's and then integrated to give velocity, distance travelled, etc... not sure what all the output options are

11. the new Gtech's are pretty awesome. you can go do runs on the car and have the gtech record everything then go plug it into your pc.

the Gtech should figure out the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for you. just switch them over to read acceleration times, and it should display the times after you run them. find a nice long stretch of abandoned level road though. then do 2 runs in both directions in case there is a slight grade to the road, then your average time is going to be correct.