I have bad boost cut. What should i do next?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by 06BlUEBOY, May 16, 2007.

1. 06BlUEBOY

06BlUEBOY New Member

A guys so i was on I-85 f@$* with a 06 GTO.So i down a gear and boost brake on him so i jump him a car an a half. This the stranger part so i going into six gear then my car start hitin stupid boost. I have to feather the gas pedal just from hitin a code. So im thinkin about gettin the helix ewg and gruppe-s headers that should stop the problem and get tuned. One more question there is a punk with a srt-4 with a 50 trim, bigger FMIC,no fuel upgrades,untuned and supposedly a stage 4 clutch bull@#$% an says he is stage 2. But we know how those srt-4 boys are! Im going to rape them from a stop but i dont know about a roll?

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

First: Please don't post about racing on the streets here. Take it to the track dude!
    Second: Please dont race on the streets. It is dangerous, inconsiderate, irresponsible and a stupid thing to do.
    Third: Please read the rules posted in my sig.

Now that we have that out of the way, check your hoses. It sounds like a hose came off your turbo/wastegate. What turbo are you running? If you are still on the stocker an EWG is overkill. I would troubleshoot the problem first before buying something that wont fix the problem.

3. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

^^ Agreed.... Please tell the person in the SRT4 that you'll meet him at the dragstrip.

What EM do you have? If you don't have one then you should get some sort of EM before you even think about getting an ewg and headers.

4. 06BlUEBOY

06BlUEBOY New Member

But anyway i have vf-39, 255 fuel pump, injen cai, perrin FIMC, perrin crankpulley,turbo xs dp with hks carbon exhaust (no cat).

5. Weapon

did you check the hose to your turbo and wastegate? I hit infiniboost one time because the hose popped off the turbo.

Attached Files:

6. 06BlUEBOY

06BlUEBOY New Member

ok thankz

7. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

If you have a turboback and a front mount, you really want to get that thing tuned before screwing around with adding more mods to it. The VF39 on an STi can boost creep to the point where you have to port the wastegate to remedy it, but oftentimes a tune can address it.

8. Dacula Dean

Dacula Dean Member

I'm old enough to act cranky. Could you PLEASE use English instead of some sort of morse-ish code? I can't understand what you're saying.

9. Weapon

I agree with moose. that is a ton of mods without having engine management! have you thought about getting tuned? you would gain quite a bit of power from it!

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Hah, that's reasonable I suppose.