I have the worst car-related luck on the planet. I'm sure of it.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dontcallitarex, Aug 21, 2009.

1. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

So, I'm on my way to work wednesday morning, cruising down I-95 in teh Fit (Remember this is Ft. Lauderdale, now). I'm in the far left lane of the interstate, and in the lane next to me is a Pepsi truck, which as I'm coming up on his left rear (maybe I'm going 5mph faster than he is) he loses the hand truck off the back of his trailer. I was totally unable to swerve due to cars behind and on either side of me. I could only maneuver a little.

Said hand truck bounces once, hits my hood, bounces over my car and manages to break my left rear quarter window. :unamused::unamused: I managed to duck into the passenger seat (thinking this fucker would cream the windshield) and maintain control of the car. So apparently I'm a better driver than I thought.

Made him pull over, got his information, supervisors got involved, Pepsi is handling it. But still. Effing lame. I had to gorilla tape the window, and the car actually looks just like it got punched in the nose because of the dent in the hood. What a way to start the day, let me tell you.

Some of you will remember that I was rear ended by a police officer last summer, so this is made even more hilarious by that fact.

2. Wow, what are the odds? Glad you're ok though...

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

pepsi=fail
    coke=win

4. FACE

FACE Active Member

You better keep you bottles in a row and document the fool out of every conversation!

I would place a demand for a settlement of $56,502. This is the cost for 3 drinks a day for the rest of your life IE 40 years at the cost of $1.29 a bottle...plus the cost of repairs to you...Honda ;)

Glad your ok duder!

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Shoot maybe you can get into a new STi? Haha.

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Sorry to hear it. I am sure their insurance will cover the damages to your car but that's about it.

7. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

glad you are ok!

And gorilla-tape windows are the shit.

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Glad you are ok... that could have gone a lot worse... Pepsi sucks!!!!!!!!!!1

9. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

good to hear you're not hurt
    any pictures of said fit with bloody nose?

10. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

glad you're ok man!! that had to be scary! I'm in distress from this situation you were in.. I need money as do you and everyone in WRXATL. Thanks =)