i have2subiies not really new here.its just been a while. somehow thread count is 0

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by flat_4ATL, Oct 8, 2013.

1. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

hello i come to atlanta alot actually i live about 90 miles south of atlanta.

i have 2 subaru's, i have my daily driver, 05 aspen white wrx hybrid beast, that ive have for almost 7years now. and its been built and broke time and time again. currently im making 430whp&410wtq at 21psi on my built shortblock and rock hard 5spd with a bpt20gxtr.

my second car (project car) is an 02' wrb bugeye that im slowly converting into a version 7 sti bugeye. the interior and the exterior is just about complete. now just saving up for a 6spd and ver7 sti motor or a usdm sti 2.5 motor.

if u see me in atlanta mostly around i20 or i285 around sandy springs, norcross,duluth or buford hwy. i normally wave and say whats up.. sometimes ill be rocking my storm trooper helmet. lol.

help me get to 25 post!:)

2. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

pictures or it didnt happen.

3. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Welcome back! Are you just becoming active again to sell off parts and then disappear? Please stick around and share your builds with us!

4. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Are you in Columbus?

5. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

im here to stick around.. nasioc has too many trolls and haters. but i do have 6yrs of parts im trying to sell for cheap to help any local subie guys/girls with their builds. i dont want to scrap the short blocks or trunk.

i know it seems shitty, and i apologize.. but i will be more active. ive been to a couple of C&O meets but never really seen too many other subarus there. but i do enjoii the subaru game and cars. and the company of us subaru drivers.

6. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

i just updated my profile and info.. im in milledgeville at the moment...

you prbly seen me around 285 or i20. or in destin/AL roads.. bc i love destin,FL.. its like a home away from home.

7. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

[​IMG]

8. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

9. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

welcome, i have a good feeling in a couple months our cars will be visual twins :p

edit: except for the front ends, but hey all about them 'hips'

10. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

hips huh?? hehe.. 4 doors for more___.. uhmm for more azn's!! ROR!

11. crazyazn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; SCH-I545 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.82 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Hehe sorry for being vague. Just thought you mentioned flares so figured you're going for karltons also

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  12. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

my AW is like a panda/stormtrooper.. carbon fiber hood and trunk and roof*wrap*. and CF interior wrap in the works.

my version7 sti bugeye is on the back burners now:/.. bigger projects for the GDC first.

13. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

oh yes. in that sense. then yes. flares, and prbly going with an 18x10-18x11.. with a 285/295:keke::keke: cant wait!

whos doing ur karlton install?

14. crazyazn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; SCH-I545 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.82 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Right now im tempted to try doing it with the help of some members on here, as I want to make a learning experience out of it.
    But since my car is with Bryson at Classic livery of atlanta getting repaired from an accident, I may have him do it. How about you?

15. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

there is a local body shop guy.. he use to work for a huge time body repair. but went out on his own and has his own place.. he wet sanded and 4coats of clear for my hood for like $200.. so im gonna see if i can help him to cut me some slack on price.. but i will prbly leave them black? not sure it i want to paint them.. i like the blk/white look. but havent decided on either rivet or those nutserts. which way u doing?

16. crazyazn

Im thinking nutserts for me. I think I want the ability to take them off when I clean the car. If I had the budget I would have them molded into the body, saw a car done that way, looked really clean.
    Though at the end of the day I like the bolted look.

17. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

i like the rivet bolted look... looks more aggressive to me. but i wouldnt get them molded bc of they are fiberglass. so it would crack and etc.. but where are you buying the nutserts?

18. crazyazn

Haha I was going to ask you that! I havent really looked for them yet, but im assuming I can get them on mcmaster carr.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  19. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

but the race car rivets look aggressive too:/.. ughhh, subaru's can never be easy.. smh.. but on a good note, my brembos just came in:wiggle::sx: now just to wait on my rear brackets!! wooohoooo

20. crazyazn

hehe yeah, i'm going to start hunting through the flare threads on the other sites to see if i can figure out the ideal bolt sizes and stuff. I am probably going to stick with the plan and do the nutserts and I keep seeing mentioned.

Congrats on the brakes, love the brembos...until I have to buy pads or rotors :p

21. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

let me know what u find out about the nutserts.. either way looks clean..

and yea. i gotta buy rear rotors for the conversion and brake pads anyway.lol. i might have a guy that wants to buy all my oem stuff though.

22. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Bryson told me to go to Fastenal and get an M6 nutsert to match my hex screws. Will probably swing by there tomorrow.

23. crazyazn

Ah good to know. the karlton people seem to be favoring standard 1/4 20 nutserts, well so far I've found.

24. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

he was guessing, who knows they may be on to something.

25. crazyazn

i think its also because the bolt holes on the karlton flares are a bit larger than yours, so i guess a fatty bolt to fill the space will look nicer too.

26. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

so u mean 1/4size and a quantity of 20?

27. crazyazn

1/4 is the diameter 20 is the thread size. US standard. So that works out to roughly 6mm dia if you go metric.

28. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

gotcha... idk. might still do rivets.. gotta talk to my body guy to see what he thinks he can do.... im not trying to break the bank on the install